300 gallon tank or engagement ring???

seasalt101

i had a similiar problem a couple of years ago, though mine was a choice of an engagement ring or a cat scan, i got the ring, then was diagnosed with cancer still got the girl but haven't married yet, someday...tobin

trainfever

I think you should show her this thread and let her read all the nice things that people have said. Then when she reads it, maybe she will get the idea that she should buy you a fish tank as an engagement present.

bronco300

LOLOL, well first off, NO baby on the way...and none for a few years...have to have my joy ride too...she has already promised me my dream tank so she is stuck...no backing out for her or she can sleep downstairs!!!
and the date is most likely march 29th

bronco300

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
They are clean arent they. lol
lol, im sure she says thank you sheepishly

bronco300

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
Suh-wheat!!!!
Congrats, Bet she is bouncing like a little honey bee showing it off to her friends. Beautiful ring.
You two pick a day yet?

haha, her parents live in thailand...so like now its 530pm here, its 430am there...so she didnt go to sleep till like 4am because she kept trying to call them and call them and call them! i was out like mad at 1130...it was a lot of work!

fishgeek01

Originally Posted by trainfever
I think you should show her this thread and let her read all the nice things that people have said. Then when she reads it, maybe she will get the idea that she should buy you a fish tank as an engagement present.

I second this comment...
Congrats luke, as a newly wed (4 years and counting) let me tell you it isn't easy, but you get out of it what you put in to it... just like everything else in life i suppose...
and if you ever need a couch to sleep on, i have 2...lol

bronco300

Originally Posted by Fishgeek01
I second this comment...
Congrats luke, as a newly wed (4 years and counting) let me tell you it isn't easy, but you get out of it what you put in to it... just like everything else in life i suppose...
and if you ever need a couch to sleep on, i have 2...lol

LOL, how kind of you to offer your couch, thank you!

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by fishkiller
DUDE NO!!! DON'T DO IT!!! GET THE TANK! FOR GOD'S SAKE, GET THE TANK!!! OH GOD! ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST...

Is this a vote thread?? Cause I second the above!

wattsupdoc

Congrats Bronco!

And my condolences too!!

You may get your tank, but for sure you have set the stage for more rings to come. The problem is, they only get bigger from here. And I dont think the prices are going down on diamonds. Be sure you get the tank before the kids come. It is a beautiful ring. Good Job!

Shoulda got the the tank though.

allterr

I know the sacrifice all to well....I had to sell my wakeboat to buy a ring, and thought that I would just get another one down the road....been 3 yrs and still no boat yet...
Congrats though!!!

A

anmldr

Congrats, That is a beautiful ring. I am so sure she loves it... Funny thing, I am waiting for mine too but have my tank, not exactly the way I want it but still working on it. Hopefully it will grow on my man and I can get a bigger one in the future...

fishkiller

I wish you all the love and good things and so on. Seriously. But you see this guy ->
........ That's you waving by-by to your hobby!

reefforbrains

Yeah, its kinda cute the way he hangs on to his hopes..........LOL
My priorities shifted from the newest quick change rear end, to The distressed Alder dining room set. But much more comfy now when eating "the Big piece of chicken"
Messin with ya, but something cool about the big piece of chicken that bach life cant match.
Oh and also wave goodbye to being able to actually sit and read in peace during the moring constitutional. The good ole days......

fishkiller

LOL!! And when your new dry spells hit all time highs, tell her that she will be saving your life by preventing prostate cancer. She can't argue with that- It's a fact!