3g pico couple questions

kpclown

Presently I have a 3 gallon Pico setup and running. I used established live rock and live sand from another aquarium. The cycle was completed after about 2 weeks. I have tried keeping Clown Gobys in the tank and have not had good luck, they get way too stressed to handle it. With such a small tank there are few places they can hide and relax, they will usually die within a few days. They are also very hard to get to eat, so attempting to feed them everyday is going to spike your ammonia levels in the tank, resulting in a dead fish
Even if you do water changes everyday, the ammonia will raise to lethal levels. Clown gobies are known to jump and will do so if frightened, they are easilly spooked. I used a DIY homemade eggcrate cover and still lost a fish due to jumping. The best thing for a small tank like this would be corals, some cool shrimp, and some hermits. I have a Peppermint Shrimp and two Hermit Crabs in my tank and several mushroom corals. I am not telling you not to do this, just be aware of the problems you are going to run into.

andrew989

im geting my 10 gallon tomorow my bro (troy989) said i dont have to let my tank fully cycle before i put fish in it how long will it take to put fish in

andrew989

btw does anyone now how to mod a aquaclear 70 my bro said u could make it a mini refugeium
like put cheato and chemi pure elite in it

nissan577

Originally Posted by andrew989
http:///forum/post/3185934
im geting my 10 gallon tomorow my bro (troy989) said i dont have to let my tank fully cycle before i put fish in it how long will it take to put fish in
you have to let the tank fully cycle if your gonna start from scratch. unless you dont use his rock. but if you dont you do!!!!

nissan577

every tank is different. not every tank is alike. my tank doesnt accept zoas yet others do. and my brothers doesnt accept sps. so its different. and my friends tank all his fish die! so if he puts his rock then it will cycle quick.

andrew989

wait if ur tank dosent exept zoos how do u have so many
and when my tank is rdy i wsnt the same deal u gave my bro lol
star polyps and whamins
but thats when my tanks rdy
im planing on getin a pink spot goby sky blue acro and a t5

nissan577

i have paly not zoas.
this is what i have,
purple deaths and some brown one with life a green fade on them. and eagle eyes thats it. all my rainbows, fire and ice, hells angels, blue magicians, etc...never open. they are in my bro in law tank.

andrew989

o ok how much will u charge me for purple deaths i realy like them
the guy at the store said i can have a pink spot gobie and a pistol shrimp if i only have that fish what do u think
thats the only fish i want