40 gallon tank build

meowzer

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3183553
you know I was expecting the T5HO's to be out of my price range, but the dr. has em for like 240 for the 36" wavepoint T5HO's, (and thats cheaper than the 30" JBJ PC lighting I'd been looking at by comparison , coming in at 240 on sale!)
There ya go/....HAHA
T5HO's may be a little more....but worth every penny....there are really no limitations with the right ones

jigga w00t

I still think you should search more! Or maybe wait as long as you can. I got mine for $130 shipped... Maybe buy a used unit and replace the bulbs?

socalnano24

Exciting update:
So one of my buddies acquired an extra stocked tank, and now has an extra 20 lbs of live rock in a bucket with a heater and filter.
Which means its time to get this build started.

I decided on my filtration. I'm going to make a 4"Dx18Lx17H in tank acrylic sump with 4 compartments the first for filter floss and chemipure, then one for a skimmer, then heater and pump following by a built in refugium split from the tank outflow with a variable Y ball valve which will outflow into the tank w/ slots similar to a reverse overflow. Should be a fun DIY project
In the mean time I'm going to test the tank with some fresh water, then start filling it with water changes from my nano and pico so I can add the live rock with a small filter and light so I can get started on the cabinet redesign and filtration. Its gonna be exciting!

socalnano24

Ok I'm also looking at one of these refugium, skimmer back paks. "EcoSystem Pro Series Hang on Back Wet/Dry Filter System" Does anybody know anything about these? It seems like a good idea, it adds 6 gallons to the system and a really nice place for a refugium while keeping the DT larger. I think it could be worth it for the ease of set up.