40g BR one year later

the_bandit

Haven't really posted anything on my "unique" 40g BR tank. Its been a year since I started it. This was my first tank with an overflow and properly researching before jumping into a new tank. I'd say that I have made a big improvment from my last tank.
Equipment:
Odyssey T5HO 4 Bulb Fixture
Hydro Koralia #3
Aqua C Urchin Skimmer
Mag 5 Return Pump
Fish:
1x Sailfin Tang
1x 3 Striped Damsel
2x Tomatoe Clowns
Inverts:
1x 5'' Peacock Mantis Shrimp
1x CUC (Large - Small Turbo snails and hermits)
Coral:
Softies
Zoo's
LPS
SPS
I don't dose the tank. Just do 5-10g water changes every week or other week.
The picture of the bleeched coral is a Hammer that for 1 month was missing. I thought, maybe my Mantis got it but when aqua-scaping, I discovered that it was under a rock, still alive after a month of no food or light. Amazing things coral are. Hopefully it will color up.
I added 30lbs of man-made rock yesterday and love the look now. Before it looked so empty. I've had my tank for over a year now with the Mantis and fish with no problems at all. Today I offically allowed my Mantis to latch onto my hand. She got me 4-5 times but it didn't hurt at all. Expect the one on my finger nail
I tried to get a picture of her holding onto me but it came out blurry. I'll still post it. Some pictures aren't the best but I'm not the best photographer :p My Tang is also a camera hog so I have to show her some love too.
Feel free to ask any questions. I think I'm the only person with this interesting combination.

gill again68

Do you always keep your finger that close to the mantis?
Nice looking tank BTW. Did you drill it or was it reef ready when you got it?

meowzer

The tank is looking great.....might be time to start looking for a new home for the Sailfin though :(

the_bandit

Put my finger that close for show lol. She doesn't even take a second glance at it now. She is about 5'' long now. Only molted once. And unfortunetly, I know I may have to relocate my tang. I may get rid of all my fish and get the ones I originally wanted. Didn't really have a choice for the fish at the time. Tank was reef ready when I bought it. Custom overflow built from acryllic sheets.

the_bandit

It really is. I rescued it from a horrible *****. He was covered in Ich and in a 10g tank. Was about an inch and half long. Had him for about two years. Been through multiple tanks, revived from near death, and has the most personality.