450 gallon reef

isthatright

well here's my 90 rearranged and put my first fish in after my cycle, so just gonna wait n see, let you guys no how things go

isthatright

Originally Posted by koon7
http:///forum/post/3155600
Looks good, the rock in the middle has a strange shape, but it looks cool.
thanks, the rock in the middle is fake but everything else is lr and if u look to the left u can see my blue damsel peeking. how long should i wait to put another fish in?

koon7

I would wait at least 2 to 3 weeks to make sure everything is okay, test the water parameters, and then think about adding more fish.

koon7

if you can go ahead, theres all kinda stuff on the rocks for a clean-up crew, and algae grows really fast in a new tank.

koon7

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3156903
Gorgeous. I want this but with 3 angels and a few triggers!
Thank you, ive always liked triggers, but decided to go reef instead because all the colors the coral provide.

isthatright

what a show off!! lol, your tank is awesome n my sand is gettin brown in some spots so i asume its algae. i'm putting some sm crabs from my 55 in the 90 today. also i was wondering what these super small white bugs on my glass are, anybody know? should i be concerned?

koon7

thats gonna happen with the sand, yes its algae, those bugs are good, check the hitchhikers thread for more info might be rotifers.

koon7

i feed hikari bio pure, and prime reef flakes, also nori for the tangs. Ive never had the patience to grow brine shrimp soo ive never tried to make my own food.

isthatright

don't recall ever hearing of it do you find these products at your local lfs? i used to have a sailfin n it got latteral line but lived a year , had him for 3. my yellow tang started to get right after i got him but i bot a liquid vitamin n have under control.

isthatright

let me guess elmers aqaurium? its n hour drive for me but i like to go there on my days off, i bought my 90 there. tomorrow im going to the lfs store by my home n pickin up a light system to accomidate soft coral when i can get them , algae is going crazy now. what kinda cuc do you suggest?

koon7

yep thats the place, its 1/2 from me, i go there alot. I would suggest getting some turbo snails, they do a great job with algae. Ohh what kinda lights are you getting??

isthatright

omg i hate to admit it but i'll know tomorrow what they're called. it sits on 4 legs n has like 4 sets of short purple bulbs at least thats the color its looks like from underneath n 1 or 2 bright white lights in the middle, he says this is what i need if i want some cool corals. i was also wondering if my koralias should face forward from the back or what?