451$$ electric bill???

murph145

my bill this last month for september was $453.50 my house is only 1600sf single story
my tank i figure goes over baseline electrical consumtpion by itself... they allow u something like 16KWH a day i think my tank is around 18KWH a day lol
so after u go over baseline they keep changing your rates higher and higher every 33% u go over ur next alotted amount... its a joke if u ask me and with all the delivery and surcharges so cal edison does since the previous governor grey davis signed a bill with the electric companies that we have to pay for all the importing of power from other states we are getting Remmed!
anyways thats my rant for the night lets not talk about power bills anymore or else ill get mad lol

jpc763

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Where do you find out the Kwh rate in your area?
My rate was posted on my service providers website. It is also on the bill.
My tank uses about 210 kwh per month for about $13 per my calculations.

coral keeper

Ok. Ill go ask my dad to see the bill and find out the Kwh rate. Or im not going to find out anything lol. If he finds out that my tanks are using a lot of electric its bye bye to my tanks LOL.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Ok. Ill go ask my dad to see the bill and find out the Kwh rate. Or im not going to find out anything lol. If he finds out that my tanks are using a lot of electric its bye bye to my tanks LOL.
i doubt that your 8 gallon even makes a dent in the power bill

ifirefight

UPDATE: I ended up having a leak in my coil of the AC. It was replaced and today I have my new bill that reflects that. This month...359$$$
Almost 100 dollars cheaper!..The weather has been a few degrees cooler...but still running the AC. BTW I feel sorry for all of you that use heating oil...looks like the price will be high this year.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by feelingfishy
Im getting 3 400 wat mh's for christmas how much would it cost to run the 7 hrs an day 30 days an month.
Well..if you do the math. 3 400 watt is 1200 watts x 7 hrs a day = 8.4 kwh per day...without knowing your cost for kwhs I cannot be exact...but I will plug in my electric kwh cost of .11 per kwh . Soooooooooo 8.4k whs x 30 days = 252 kwhs x .11 = $$ 27.72 per month.....better work a little OT.

mademperor

Your electric bills are UNREAL..I have (4) tanks
75g

260 watts of PC 8hrs
Eheim 2217 + Maxi-jet 1200
15g

65 watts of PC
900Maxi-jet + Small cannister filter
20g

65 watts of PC light
Eheim 2213 Cannister
30g

30w of Fluorescent lighting
small cannister filter
2 computers that are on about 12hrs a day.
1 Electric room heater (radiator)
My bill is around $70
(Western NY)

coral keeper

Originally Posted by mademperor
Your electric bills are UNREAL..
I have (4) tanks
75g

260 watts of PC 8hrs
Eheim 2217 + Maxi-jet 1200
15g

65 watts of PC
900Maxi-jet + Small cannister filter
20g

65 watts of PC light
Eheim 2213 Cannister
30g

30w of Fluorescent lighting
small cannister filter
2 computers that are on about 12hrs a day.
1 Electric room heater (radiator)
My bill is around $70
(Western NY)
Thats HELLA cheap!!!!!!!! Your so luck!!

florida joe

nov bill $231.51 2079 kwh used AC set at 77 pool hot tub 110g tank two kids (need i say more) somthing does not sound right with your bill as im sure you guess keep calling FPL unill someone comes out and checks your house any of your neighbors pissed off at you

acrylic51

WOW!!!!!!
There is no way that the tank is running the bill up that high........I'd do some serious investigating, and start looking at things around the house.....And honestly running your system on 220 isn't a real saver.......on a smaller system.....Are you running a chiller? What time of day are you running your lights? If your not home why run the lights when your not there to enjoy it? Set your lighting schedule up so that your there to view it, and possible consider running it more at night when rates would be cheaper.