4month old 180 gallon SPS pics

mystic7

Every time somebody posts pics of an amazing tank, the first responses are always "That's a nice tank" instead of "WOW!". btw, your photography skills are first rate as well.

mystic7

Originally Posted by Saltwater8
Ok, this post is slightly off topic, lol
Right now I have a 60 gallon that I am looking for lights for. Then in the summer a 150.
How can I get the same color spectrum as in this tank? The colors are unbelievable!

My tank is FOWLR, so I will be using PCs.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I will have a flame angle, blue tang and some blue/green cromis as well.
Thanks as always!
:happyfish
If you'll be using PC's (like me) the only thing I can suggest is Photoshop

saltwater8

Originally Posted by mystic7
Every time somebody posts pics of an amazing tank, the first responses are always "That's a nice tank" instead of "WOW!". btw, your photography skills are first rate as well.
So you are suggesting that the tank doesn't look as nice in real life, that its some sort of photography/photoshop trick?
:notsure:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That tank looks like it is having some problems. If you like, I'll take it off your hands.

AWESOME Tank there.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by mystic7

Yes, it does take some skill to get good shots of a glass structure with marine animals in it, however, a camera can not make a bad tank look good. People post tank pictures to share, and yes, received admiration, which is deserved admiration. It so enhances the learning experience for many. This place would be pretty dull without it.

mystic7

Originally Posted by Saltwater8
So you are suggesting that the tank doesn't look as nice in real life, that its some sort of photography/photoshop trick?
:notsure:
Uh, yeah, ok, that is exactly what I'm suggesting. Geez....
Although I'm sure the colors were saturated a bit in photoshop, if only to make the pictures look more like it probably does in person. I've done the same.

mystic7

Originally Posted by Beth
Yes, it does take some skill to get good shots of a glass structure with marine animals in it, however, a camera can not make a bad tank look good. People post tank pictures to share, and yes, received admiration, which is deserved admiration. It so enhances the learning experience for many. This place would be pretty dull without it.
I was NOT inferring that he enhanced his tank by doctoring his pictures. I REALLY gotta stop coming here!
My reference to photoshop was for the guy who wanted to get the same colors using PC's.

ophiura

Yeah, I got that comment. "If you are using PC's like me" then the only way you will get them is with photoshop (meaning, he ain't using PC's on that tank). Not sure why people see the word "photoshop" and assume that someone is implying the tank must look like crap. Nothing wrong with a little corrections here and there.
I got your point at least

sully

Beautiful, You can tell lots of TLC went in to your tank. What kind of mix is in your drip tanks. I would like to set something up like that in my 240 gal.