5 Jawfish!!!

celacanthr

ok well here is one of the pairs burrows very very crappy so i will post some crappy pics of my whole tank. i also added the ammolock.

fishieness

sweeeet!!!
jawfish are awsome, i wanted to get one realy bad, but i got a diamond goby instead. Pretty cool guys they are.

celacanthr

why cant you get jawfish? They aren't gobies in fact they are somwhere between psuedochromis, blennys and gobies.

fishieness

maybe i should order form this doctor place..... i like saltwater fish..... but you ordered one jawfish and got 5..
and another guy a while ago ordered two firefish and got two fireshrimp (more expensive) and he complained so they sent him the firefish free!!! lol

celacanthr

yep thats what kinda happened to me i ordered my hermies snails and 2 pepermint shrimp and 1 jawfish. they dont send me the jawfish first time and mess up and send me 48$ worth of stuff free.

fishieness

first of all.... that "no it wasnt" was jsut to get this thread going again huh?" man.... you dont let threads go when it is their time. lol
and the reason why i cant get a jawfish now is taht in the tank where he would go, i do not have a sandbed (well,.... crushed coral) deep enough for him to actualy burrow. The goby jsut digs under things, doesnt actualy burrow. But he is still awsome. his name is Osama cause he digs caves to hide in

mr.p

How many did you originally order? and did they charge you for 5 jawfish? lol if not then i'd be happy. I'm sure you can sell them or trade them in for credit if they don't get along. Those are cool fish i'm thinking about getting one, anyone know if they would get along with a royal gramma? or a firefish gobi? thanks

newbercube

Originally Posted by fishieness
first of all.... that "no it wasnt" was jsut to get this thread going again huh?" man.... you dont let threads go when it is their time. lol
and the reason why i cant get a jawfish now is taht in the tank where he would go, i do not have a sandbed (well,.... crushed coral) deep enough for him to actualy burrow. The goby jsut digs under things, doesnt actualy burrow. But he is still awsome. his name is Osama cause he digs caves to hide in

Osama ha!

celacanthr

actually fishieness someone had asked if this had been jacks tropical fish or something like that that i had ordered from. But ya i dont think threads should die especially when i start em! :hilarious
i ordered 1 and they charged me for 1!

celacanthr

Oh sorry forgot to update yall!
Ok this is really wierd but 4 of em are living in one hole!
i think one pair stays at one of the wholes entrances and the others stay at the other holes entrance.
Maybe the fifthe one is in the third entrance i just havent seen her/him recently.
the jawfish are showing that they are hungry cause they keep grabbing the food and spitting it out.
something i have noticed though is that 2 of the jawfish's eye's irisis are bigger. Maybe an indication of gender!

ill keep yall posted.

fishieness

wait..... the iris? you mean the pupil? It jsut sems wierd that the iris would be bigger..... are you talking about different sizes of the actual eye? or the eyris is wider, makeing th epupil smaller?

celacanthr

I believe I found the fifth one! below is a bad pic of him.
Below that is 2 pics of my tank which arrangement do you like better?

fishmamma

Your tank set up looks very interesting. It appears as though you have a very deep sand bed at one end and it sloped down to quite a bit of rock. Is this right?? And is this how you built your tank for the fish? Either way it looks cool, glad to hear your jawfish are happily co-habitating!
It is like Melrose Place in there.

celacanthr

:hilarious
yea i sloped it because i have very heavy rock on the shallow sand bed end. So i made the left end very deep so that the jawfish will have lots of sand to dig in. So what set up do you like better?

celacanthr

I am such an idiot!!!!

i moved around my rock one more time, i like it alot better now but When i moved it all the jawfishleft their home and none of em look so good, and now my ammonia is like 4 i am about to do a 25% water change do you think i should do a 50%?
: