500 gal stocking

dave_15

well i had saltwater for 3 years and fresh for 5-6.....i was supposed to get seahorses to start with but my mom bought a damsel and clown

schulace12

i say if u wanna get sharks go for it, but have enough money, and stuff like that.
and of course a big tank.
i think it is good u are asking alot of questions, that is what u should be doing, asking questions and then chaning ur mind to sometihng else.

pitbull01

PLEASE DONT DAVE. You will lose a lot of money-you need to do a TON of research and you need to have a TON of money, patience, and EXPERIENCE. If you do this, you will regret it-at least right now. Just get a 120 or something and get some experience!

dave_15

what size do you think i should get then...i always read that bigger is better...i want something bigger than 125 at least

celacanthr

Im not sure about thesharks and rays, but I would definantly be careful of the triggers.
Also bigger is better up to a point, like a 75 is much better than a 37 for a beginner, but a 700 is NOT better for someone without a lot of money to spend and tons of time. Just think about how much the salt would cost!

treybomb

what are you doing with what tanks?? ive heard u have a 29,30,100,300,50000,... and ive heard ideas of frogs..lizards..sharks..lots of eels
not trying to be mean ( i was doing exactky what you were doing now once... i would always change my mind with new wilder and crazier dreams)
i know this hobby is addicting
but tryo to narrow your choices dwon using reality, money, and other things : )

dave_15

yeah ur right........but who said i cant afford it (and that i dont have that much money)....well i need a bigger tank for christmas (for my eel).....im getting a bigger aquarium in my basement (not sure how big though but arounf probably 200-300 gallons...might be wrong...but getting something in there) i found some 5 gallon plastic boxes (3 and 2 2 gallon) which are goin to house thimbnail dart frogs in it (reticulatus for sure)...i have a 29 and 30 sw

aquapro_1

I haven't heard that you have ever owned fish before. Agressive fish in groups should be odd numbers. You talk about fish & tank. Nothing of your system. That can break you, more ways than one. Not to mention the cycle needed prior to inhabiting the tank!

tripleshot

Im as confused as you are with all the tanks you want. Wouldnt it be easyer to buy a boat put a clear bottom on it live near a reef. Than all you have to do is look at all the fish swimming under the boat. When you get tired of looking at them fish you can pull anchor move to new spot with different types of fish
Hmmmm the ocean as your fish tank dave....

aquapro_1

No mention of good cleaners in the tank. My puffer has eaten every snail and crab I have bought. Did I mention EVERYTHING I bought? I have a dog faced puffer. He has a fantastic personality. But man would I like to get my hands on him about my cleaning crew. I do strongly suggest cleaner shrimps! They will keep the fish safe from ich & clean.

dave_15

i have been keeping tanks for 3 years now....too bad there are no oceans beside me :thinking: that would be so kool

treybomb

Originally Posted by DAVE_15
either 125, 150, 180 or 220 ...which one is the best?
the biggest one you can get
:notsure: :thinking: im confused