54 gal corner reef build

bgrae001

Hello all,
I just moved and now I'm setting up my 54 gal corner tank. All though I have most of the equipment I am going to be upgrading my system as I go. I bought my house and that is exciting to me especially since my tank is on the wall that adjoins my garage. I was able to talk my wife into letting me plumb through the wall and set up a 55 gal fuge. I also set up a QT area with 3 10 gal tanks and a shelf for supplies. I know that 3 10 gal's seem like a lot but I will also be setting up my 125 gal FOLR and a 40 gal seahorse tank too.
I had to make some mods to my equipment since all of my pumps were bought in Germany and will not work over here in the states.

Here is the QT station

Here was my water station that I set up before I decided to use a 55 gal fuge in this location.

bgrae001

I moved the water making station to the other side of my garage.

I set my skimmer and cal reactor in the sump for this pic. I still need to get the glass for the dividers and I think that I'm going to need to raise my skimmer to get it to work right.

bgrae001

You know, I haven't really thought that far ahead. I know that I want a yellowstripe clown and a dwarf lion fish. I'm not too sure on the rest of the list. I have the ability to get fish that require a larger tank because I have a 125 gal that is empty right now.
I was thinking of adding a:
Dwarf Lion
Yellowstripe Maroon Clown
Foxface
Yellow tang
latticed butterfly or a long nose
Naso tang
Six line or Fairy Wrasse
2 Bangaii Cardinals

bgrae001

hello all,
I just added my clean up crew. I got an awesome deal from a guy that sells out of his house. I picked up:
15 snails
15 dwarf hermits
a lawnmower blenny
a bi-color foxface lo
and a few more lbs of LS
all for $90.00
I'll post some pics when the foxface comes out of hiding.
On another note. My wife gave birth to my 5th child 3 weeks ago. His name is Roman Michael. He was 7 lbs 1 oz and 19.5" long. He is very healthy and beautiful.

sgt.bretado

Originally Posted by bgrae001
http:///forum/post/2694278
On another note. My wife gave birth to my 5th child 3 weeks ago. His name is Roman Michael. He was 7 lbs 1 oz and 19.5" long. He is very healthy and beautiful.
Congrats!!
wish the best to you and your family.

bgrae001

Here are the latest pics. I set in the baffles in the sump and ran the return line. I still a need few more pieces to run the drain line into the sump. I ran the electrical, you can see it on the right side of the photo. I also had to modify my skimmer. I have it in a 10 gal to test the new set up. I hope to have the sump completed by this weekend.

And here is a picture of new little boy.

I still need to set up my cal reactor and my PH monitor.

bgrae001

Thank you.
I feel that I'm truly blessed. He is such a good baby. He's so alert and loves to smile.
I hope to have more done on my sump by this weekend. I'll post the progress.

bgrae001

Yea! My sump is finally up and running. I've been wanting to add a fuge to my tank for years and now that we've moved I can. I cant believe how big the fuge turned out. The only problem is my Mag 5 was so loud I had to put in a smaller pump. So now I've only got about 350 gph for the return pump, but it's nice and quiet.
Does anyone know of a pump around 700 gph that is real quiet?
Now the next step is to start buying the corals and more fish. My LFS is having a great sale and it's too bad that I have to wait to get my corals, but my ballast went out a few days ago and I'm waiting for it to come back from the manufacturer.
Well here are the pics!

bgrae001

I changed out my return pump to a Via Aqua 3300. It's much quieter than the Mag 5 I had on it. I can still hear a low frequency vibration coming through the plumbing. I'm getting used to it but I wish there was a way I could get rid of the noise. I wonder; if I change out a large section of the PVC that is running the length of the wall with vinyl tubing if that would dampen the sound or if I put rubber spacers between the wall and PVC.
does anyone have any suggestions?

bgrae001

Were getting closer to a reef tank!
I just got my chiller yesterday and it works awesomely. It a 1/3 hp current chiller.
I ran all my tests yesterday and my CA and MG are a little low, everything else looks great. I hope to get out and get a few corals soon. It's driving me crazy not having any, but on the other hand I am taking the time to set this up right!
I have the pump that I need to start putting my CA reactor into operation then the only thing that I'll need is a CO2 tank.
Well here are some updated pics, any comments?