55 Gallon Build Thread! Will Need some advice/tips along the way!

artemk

Here are some of the pictures as promised! Snake, i think its my camera. I'm just using my iPhone for all the pictures, I don't have a nice camera.

Still a baby!

artemk

just got 2 more ricordia's yesterday! Blue and green! I am also putting the 3 chromis in my DT tonight...FINALLY!

artemk

I will post some today when I get home from work!
Starting a small weekend project and going to build myself a nice canopy! Will post progress as well!

S

smallreef

its friday,, its that the start of the weekend??? leaving us hanging without pictures, lol

artemk

Pictures coming tomorrow! I slacked off and had to get some work stuff done today..epic fail in the fish world lol

artemk

My canopy build!!!
Before shot:

Heres what I am using, just an 8 ft. piece of wood and some black paint (not the spray paint you see in the picture) to coat it after its finished:

S

smallreef

interesting,,, so how is it going to be above the tank? how are you going to put the lights in it? and are you making a top for it also?

artemk

I ran out of screws, so I have to finish tomorrow.
I painted all 3 pieces black, and ended up getting a thin pice for the top cover, but didn't get enough screws when I was at Home Depot.
I mounted small pieces of wood to the inside of each board, so that it can sit on top of the tank as you can see in the below picture.

I also mounted another 3 pieces to the top of the board for the cover to sit on.

Put these bad boys on to screw the sides to the front, but didn't have enough for both boards. Bad planning, but I'm in no rush. Will finish it tomorrow.

Here is what each board looks like. The bottom piece will hold the canopy on top of my tank, and the top piece will have the cover nailed to it.

I will post the final pictures tomorrow/tuesday, depending on how much time I have to finish! Hang tight!!

artemk

drum roll please!! finally finished it. decided not to screw the top on for easy access, so it will just lay there! enjoy the pictures!
VS
and everything in between