55 Gallon Softy Reef

extinct 1ne

fishkid13 - Well the tank hasn't broke into pieces but it has a huge crack on the back glass, right down the middle. The piece that was siliconed on broke and it was hell from there on. so my dad took out about 3/4 water. He tried to cover the rock and sand as much as he could.

fishkid13

That sucks, hey look on the bright side, you might be able to get a bigger tank out of this.
I'll help...

extinct 1ne

The tank is almost clear. I just checked the main perameters. This is what I have.
Ph - 8.2
Nitrate - 5
Nitrite - 0
Ammonia - 0.25
Do you think I can at least put the Corals in the main tank because they are in the Refugium...so they are getting hit by the water either way. Can I add the Clean Up Crew and / or Fish yet? Thanks guys!

extinct 1ne

Well everythings in (Nitrates, Ammonia went to 0)

I love the new Colt Coral I bought. Sorry if you can't see some of the pics, the Corals aren't out all the way.
1st Pic - Colt Coral
2nd Pic - Zoanthids (3 new heads in 3 days)
3rd Pic - Assorted Mushrooms (They aren't all the way out)
4th Pic - Kenya Tree (Unfortunately some of him ripped off during the transfer to the new tank, but I took a small piece of him and banded him to the rock. I lost 3 heads, but he will still grow.)
5th Pic - Full Tank Shot (Horrible picture)

extinct 1ne

Also, I just did all of the test.
Parameters
Ph - 8.2
Nitrate - 5
Nitrite - 0
Ammonia - 0.25
Calcium - 460
Alkalinity - 8
Phosphate - 0
Salinity - 1.025
Temperature - 80°F
I guess they are ok.

extinct 1ne

Well, I really wanted one. But, I have decided not to get a Tang of any size, color, or shape until I upgrade to at least a 75g+ tank. In the mean time, I made a new stock list.
FISH
1 Gold-Striped Maroon Clownfish
1 Blue-Fin Damsel
1 Yellow Stripe Clingfish (Do you think I could add one?)
1 Midas Blenny
1 Red Mandarin Dragonet
INVERTEBRATES
1 Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Long Tentacle Anemone
1 Black Brittle Starfish
1 Emerald Mithrax Crab
5 Hermit Crabs
5 Turbo Snails
5 Nassarius Snails
CORALS
Soft Corals

flower

Originally Posted by impulse-ive
http:///forum/post/3074000
I agree Tangs in a 55 get pissed. I had one get mad and go after my lion fish. He was taking huge chunks out of him so i had to return him to the LFS.

I am very surprised a hippo would bother a lion??? The only thing I ever saw a hippo go after was another hippo. Also isn't the lion venomous? The hippo would kill itself attacking it wouldn't it?