55 gallon

frogman5

Around the 4th of july i hope to set up a 55 gallon tank I know the basics right now but i still need help on the supplies i would like to make it a reef tank so i would like a light that would be able to keep quite a bit of coral like if someone has a nice 55 gallon tank will they show me wat light they used i already have a skimmer and just a basic filter and powerheads picked out i just need some help with lights and fish. My idea for fish right now is 2 black clown fish 2 yellow watchmen goby a type of shrimp and possibly a type of blenney i need to know some names of fish i can keep.
much help is appreciated

triga22

I would look into a sump,korlida powerheads,aqua c skimmer, t5 lights,sand,live rock,digital thermometer,heater

bjsbargain

A flame angelfish, royal gramma, smaller damsels, cleaner shrimp, pepperment shrimp, snails, are a few that can be together.

frogman5

yeh ive looked at the t5 but how much watttage would i need to keep a lot of corals like 4x65 is that good or is that only enought for soft corals

frogman5

and that will be able to keep near anything wat i would really like to keep is an anenomie if thats possible ive heard they can kill other corals with their tentacles
also is any blenny possible to keep

bjsbargain

yes, I have a lawnmower blenny-only one blenny a tank though. I also have 3 anenome's, and so far doing fine and getting larger. Some are harder to keep than others, so be careful on what you get.

frogman5

yeh ive heard that bubble tip are some of the easiest so u havent had any trouble keeping them with other coral.
I was lookin at the scooter blenny i like those quite abit
and also the 6x65 is enough light

gmford1979

Try the Current USA Nova Extreme lights. i finally broke down and upgraded my lights about 2 months ago, and everything looks great. i am very satisfied with the nova on my 55

bjsbargain

Yes, 6 with indidvidual are the way to go. Nova's are great. And will be enough light without adding the heat that MH would do.

frogman5

well if i didnt want to keep an anemonie is there any other light that i could use that could keep most corals but isnt as expensive as the 8 bulb one