60g Scorpion/Waspfish/Anthias Tank

skate020

these fish are AMAZING! i was in the LFS today gettin a lion for my qt, and i saw a leaf fish, or wat looked like one, they called it a eibli, looked awsome, was soo close to gettin it then remembered the trouble i had in the past with just buying the fish i liked the look of lol.
got a nice lion tho:D
that pic of your fuzzy is superb:)

cranberry

The only eibli I know is an angel. You sure that name wasn't for a fish that had been in that tank?
Going to go look at the yellow fuzzy now... wish me luck.

cranberry

Outwardly he looked okay. The one spine was 100% unsheathed, but there was no evidence of infection. The eye was better and he was actively hunting. But he was definitely gilling hard. They are going to treat him.
It's frustrating.... I feel I could clear him up. But I can't take that kind of risk....

S

shrimpy brains

Well, it sounds like he's getting a little better. Maybe they'll get him fixed up for you. Are they a good lfs??
On a lighter note, and I hope you dn't mind me mentioning it right now. I got my red fin waspfish today.
I decided to move my baby clowns into the 30g, with a divider of course, so I put him in my 10g growout tank. He is so little (about 1 and 3/4 inch) When I went to the lfs to get the divider, they had a dwarf fuzzy about the same size. Soooo, I got him, too. Now they are tankmates.

cranberry

LOL. Congrats!
Yes, it's a good LFS. I especially liked it when they said "Just tell me what you want us to treat him with".
But I know I would feed him better and get some Beta Glucan in him.

skate020

sorry to hear about the fuzzy, i hope it gets better:(
im 99% sure the fish at the LFS is a leaf fish, but on the tank it says Eibli £32.
only fish in there, and this particular LFS only sells angels once in a blue moon.
im soooo happy my lion ate:) he's going to grow into a big boy like yours:)

skate020

i've only just noticed, theres no pictures of the tank.
can we have a couple pics of it:)
like a FTS and some side pics?:)
would love to see the set-up these guys enjoy.

cranberry

I'll work on some pics tonight. I've been having a microbubble issue.
The decor isn't finished yet. It's soon time to put back in the macros.

S

shrimpy brains

Are those guys M and F or are they different enough that they won't fight? Just curious, since you say you will have to get rid of male dwarf fuzzy, if you get the yellow.

Also, when do you sleep?? (if ever)

browniebuck

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3104338
You evidently haven't seen my fridge :)

And you have to be careful of what container you grab to drink.

I am assuming that this pic was taken around the holidays...but it is odd to see Egg Nog in a picture in August...can't believe that nobody else commented on that! That being said...one day, I hope to be able to keep oddities as you do...your fish are beautiful (and the ghoul is hideous...which I am sure he/she would be happy to hear).

skate020

wat is egg nog?
im from england so i've never had it, so why is it only aorund once a year and wat does it taste of?

cranberry

Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains
http:///forum/post/3199169
Are those guys M and F or are they different enough that they won't fight? Just curious, since you say you will have to get rid of male dwarf fuzzy, if you get the yellow.

Also, when do you sleep?? (if ever)

We are hoping that's a female fuzzy to the left, but the little guy to the right is a different species.
I don't sleep very well :-(

cranberry

They've come down a lot on price over the past year. Some sites are still asking WAY too much for them. I paid wholesale prices, which is a benefit of working in the industry :)

S

shrimpy brains

We are hoping that's a female fuzzy to the left, but the little guy to the right is a different species.You and I know they are different species, but I was thinking it could be the same issues as similar shaped tangs!
I don't sleep very well :-( That stinks! You worry too much or other reasones?