UPDATE
this is what I want to add:
-yellow tang
-2 clowns
-3 stripe dasmel
-mandarin
-hippo tang
-fairy wrassee
*****WOULD A POTTERS ANGEL, OR SPOTTED SWEETLIPS BE GOOD WITH THESE? NOT BOTH, EITHER ONE??*****
ALSO, WHAT DO PEOPLE SUGGEST FOR A CLEAN UP CREW? I DONT WANT THE SNAILS THAT MOVE THE ROCK AND ARE STORONG...ALSO HOW MANY CLEANER SHRIP SHOULD I GET??
THANKS!!!

travis89

I would say that you should probably only have one tang in a tank that small. A Potters Angel would be fine in your tank, don't know about the Spotted Sweetlips. You can get 1 or 2 cleaner shrimps. As for a clean up crew about 12 nassarius snails, 12 astraea snails, 10- 20 hermits, and maybe an emerald crab.

jon321

I wouldnt get either, both are generally considered advanced fish. A dwarf angel would do best out of what you want to add, mabe not necessarily the potters? You also may run into trouble with your territorial fish once you add another, probably good idea to rearrange the rockwork if that is feasable.
As for the cleanup crew, people generally recommend 1 member per gallon. I like nassarius and margarita snails myself. Both are small and can get in tight places without knocking things over. As for the cleaner shrimp, you can get just one, or if it floats your boat, you can get a whole army, it really doesnt matter.
Jon

granny

Just A Note Here-you Arent Thinking Of Getting All These Fish At Once Are You?
Are You Just In The Planng Stages? If So, List Making Is Ag Reat Way To Start.
The Fairy Wrasse Would Be My Favorite-most Of Them Are Hardy And Very Peaceful. Once Your Tank Has Cycled, You Could Add It As One Of The First Fish And Save The More Aggressive Tankmates Till Later.
A Good Rule Of Thumb Is Only One Fish Every 7-10 Days-space Them Out With A Water Change Before Each New Addition To Give Your Tank Time To Increase The Beneficial Bacteria To Catch Up With The Increase In Your Bioload.
Do Not Add The Mandarin For At Least A Year!!
The Hippo Tang Reccomendation Is A Minimum 125 Gal Tank. The Cole Tang And Yellow Are The Only Ones That I Know Of That Would Adjust To A Smaller Tank.
I Personally Dont Like Hermits-you Have To Provide Them With Shells, Which Are Messy Or They Kill Your Snails For Their Shells.
The Astrea And Nasarius Snails Are Great, But The Nasarius Like To Burrow Into The Sand-do You Have A Sand Bed?

jonny bolt

I agree with the above suggestion of only one Tang.
If you do get an Angel, add it last. Any fish that will compete with it for "grazing" on live rock as well as swimming through the LR, will usually get its ass kicked by an Angel that is already established in the tank. I had an Atlantic Pygmy Angel for a few months, then tried to introduce a Wrasse.....the Wrasse lasted one night and was belly up the next afternoon.

fishfatty

can someone also help me with these snails- Ilyanassa snails . Do they move rockwork or tip over anything? any advice would be appreciated!

mopar9012

Originally Posted by FishFatty
how would a copperband butterfly do with these fish also?
ive heard they are peaceful so im guessing it would be fine unless another fish picks on it BUT they are hard to keep. they are hard to get to eat after you put one in your tank and i think can get ick pretty easy. correct me if im wrong though

fishygurl

i would go with 1-2 Cleaner shrimp about 12 turbo snails asnd about 12 hermits and about 12 nassarius snails

fishfatty

someone please give me some adive about the copperband....i would be willing to take out the fairy wrassee for it....??? JUST NEED SOME ADVICE

granny

Hey, Calm Down! Why The Urgency On The Copperband?
The Key To Being Successful In This Hobby Is Patience, Patience, Patience.
Mopar Advised You They Are Difficult To Keep And They Are-most Butterlies Are Touchy Eaters And Coral Polyp Pickers As Well.
You Cannot Add All These Fish At Once-they Need To Be Added Over A Long Period Of Time Or You Will Simply Be Kiling Them All!!
Do You Have Any Fish In Your Tank Now?
First, Add The Most Peaceful, Least Territorial Fish On Your List-wait Wait Wait And See How It Does, Do A Water Change, Then Add The Next Fish On Your List-repeat Above Process, Waiting To Make Sure Each Fish Is Settled, Healthy Eating Well And There Are No Fish Fights!!
You Will Enjoy This So Much More In The Long Run If You Get To Know Each Of Your Fish Individually As You Add Them, Not Just Hurry Up To Put A Bunch Of Livestock In Your Tank
Please Listen To The Advice Of The Experienced Aquarists On This Site.
Everyone Wants The Fish To Survive-thrive-with The Most Enjoyment And Least Grief To The Hobbyist
Good Luck To You And Your Fish-remember Be Patient!

fishfatty

I just want to know if the copperband would be sitable for my tank?? will it work with my other fish???

granny

As Far As Being Compatible, Yes-
You Remind Me Of My Husband-you Never Answer Any Questions-just Respond With More Questions.
Are You Into Listening To Advice?
I Am Really Curious, As I Am Sure Others Who Read This Thread Will Be-what Do You Have In Your Tank Now And Please Please Please Do Not Add More Than One Fish At A Time!!

fishfatty

I Dont Have Anything Yet!!! Tell Me What Order I Should Put These Fish In Then Please Granny, Or Anyone Else...
-2 Perc. Clowns
-hippo Tang
-yellow Tang
-copperband Butterfly??? (need To Make Sure This Would Be Okay)
-mandarin (last)
-dwarf Angel