96 Gallon Corner Tank!!

Hey guys, I view this as my first real saltwater tank. I bought the corner tank for 75.00 used. Fixed a leak, cleaned it and built the stand. I painted the back sides royal blue (which I love) and currently have two Marinland Emperor 400 hang on filters, with two 60 gallon heaters. Tell me what ya think! Im working on a tank for extra volume, as well as a 55 gallon sump soon.
1 California Sting Ray
1 Volitan Lion
1 Dwarf Lion
1 Pineapple Trigger
1 Maroon Clown

2quills

Nice tank...I wonder if your clown fish will become dinner for either the volitan or the trigger. How big is that ray supposed to get?

meowzer

Your tank is nice BUT....I would get the ray out....they get extremely large, and even tho it is small now....that will not last long....I also don't see the lion and ray being a good match......the lion could sting it...I am sure the ray WILL swim over it at some point
I had a ray in my 225G and gave it away to an aquarium inTulsa after it was almost 16" long....
Rays are beautiful when you have the proper set up for one.....:(

haha My volitan is smaller than my dwarf at the moment. I have several other tanks I can move the maroon around till. My lion i still have to cut my silver sides to pieces to even fit in their mouths. The sting ray is only supposed to get to 9inches around not including the tail. The Pineapple trigger is very small as well, about 3 inches. Im home during the day every day so i get to keep a close eye on everything that goes on. Im also just waiting on the right deal for a larger tank for display in the living room so that will allow me to move around as they grow.

meowzer

LOL....The stingray will get bigger......believe me.....I was told the same thing...and it GREW and GREW..and GREW even more
I loved her.....they are great, and I even hand fed mine....but a 90G is still too small :( even if for some reason it only grew to 9"
HECK I thought my 225G was too small...that's why I gave her to the aquarium....now she has a ray pond full of friends :)
If the ray swims over the lion, and scratch's her/his body it can kill it....they can get an infection....I never had anything "sharp" in my tank when I had her

alright, I will keep an eye out with it and the lions. Other then the live rock there really isnt much more that can scratch her. I feed mine by hand as well.... If it comes to it believe me she will be donated to the local aquarium, I wont keep her cramped.