A Blast from the Past

waterdog

Fisrt Grade?? It would be three years until I was born!!
Just to make you feel old :D
But seriously. I have seen old aquarium books written a little after 1979 and they don't look nearly as good or as well planned as yours. Koodos Bang Guy, you were way ahead of your time! And even at your age now you can still keep up :p

attml

dreeves,
I'm glad someone appreciated that! I thought Guy would have jumped on that one? No worries - I had some silk shirts hanging in my closet in those days too!
:)

wrassecal

He's just laying low on the disco ball thing cause if you look at the pic really close you can see the reflection of him wearing his white Saturday Night Fever suit.:rolleyes:

bang guy

I HATE disco!!! :mad: :mad: :p :p
LOL
I had a hole drilled in the wall to a closet. In the closet was a 30 gallon sump and a 40 gallon breeder tank with a 5" sand bed, Caulerpa Mexicana, Caulerpa Prolifera and tons & tons of bugs (no surprise there!).
I don't think the sand bed had enough water flow to be useful as a filter but it sure grew a lot of bugs.
I also had a Green Mandarin, Lots of Clown Gobies and a Barnacle Blenny (My favorite).

wrassecal

Originally posted by Bang Guy
I don't think the sand bed had enough water flow to be useful as a filter but it sure grew a lot of bugs.

Ah, so there was a sump and a sandbed in the mix:D Ahead of your time, and the beginning of bang bugs:D

Ha! you guys are old!!!:rolleyes: :D '79? 21 years before I was born!:p I think I can see Bang Guys Earth, Wind, and Fire poster in the backround.....:rolleyes: ;) :D
And Rye, I'm ashamed of you! Pickin' on Great Grampa like that;) :D
Just Kidding
Nadia

bang guy

Originally posted by doodle1800
I heard you have a lagoon? Have any pics?

Do a search... there's a few pics floating around. Try 'Refugium' or 'Lagoon'.

overanalyzer

what's disco?? I recall growing up in teh 70's but when someone says disco I just have a hole in my memory ... THANK THE LORD!!

I was born 7 years before 79... but in reading this tread about the 70's, disco and tank's that are to small, I had a thought.
Didn't the pimps back then have fish in the heel's of there shoes??

actually, I'm all for retro!:D E,W&F is my fave band besides Black Sabbath......;) My favorite outfit is bellbottom jeans, flared shirt (silk of course), and my beloved platform clonkers that I wouldn't trade for anything! (except maybe a 125 completely cycled tank w/ LS, LR, Corals, and fish......;) )
Nadia