a few colorful shots of my corals

murph145

thanks everyone for the nice comments....
el bob i just put new bulbs back in like 3 weeks ago the other phoenix bulbs were about 8 months old so they lost alota the par... the new ones are coloring up the corals nicely again...
azfishgal ... i know it just grew next to my overflow box and there yah go now its just climbing the side of it...
full tank shot

hunted

I just registered yesturday and started looking through the threads, squishy referred me, and I gotta say murph your reef looks great, how long has it been setup?

murph145

Originally Posted by Hunted
I just registered yesturday and started looking through the threads, squishy referred me, and I gotta say murph your reef looks great, how long has it been setup?

thans Squishy has a great tank as well have you personally scene it??
my tanks will be up and running 2 years this febuary things have been doin pretty well for the most part with the exception here and there i dont think there are many reefers out there whom have never lost a coral

hunted

Yes I have seen it, looks 10 times better in real life as do anything over a pic.
My tank has only been up for 7.5 months now, it's going well accept for the hair algae I'm battling at the moment

brandon7491

plainly beautiful all your corals and that clam is so unique it is just mind boggling. one day i hope to have a tank like yours. keep up the awsome work man

hunted

I will try to post some pics, though my camera sucks and I'm not to sure how to post pics yet, but I will figure it.

murph145

Originally Posted by Hunted
Yes I have seen it, looks 10 times better in real life as do anything over a pic.
My tank has only been up for 7.5 months now, it's going well accept for the hair algae I'm battling at the moment

yeah i figured his tank had to look pretty sweet! he got some really nice corals in it.
ahhh hair algae i remember my one time battle of that.... i just kept pulling it out and then hooked up a phosban reactor worked well....
get some pics up when u can

murph145

Originally Posted by brandon7491
plainly beautiful all your corals and that clam is so unique it is just mind boggling. one day i hope to have a tank like yours. keep up the awsome work man
hey brandon thanks ur tanks coming along as well.... yeah the clam is kinda unique it just grows so fast and is getting so big i duno whats guna happen to it eventually

hunted

Originally Posted by murph145
yeah i figured his tank had to look pretty sweet! he got some really nice corals in it.
ahhh hair algae i remember my one time battle of that.... i just kept pulling it out and then hooked up a phosban reactor worked well....
get some pics up when u can
Ya I've been harvesting for a week now and doing 10% water changes everyother day, trying to keep the nitrates down, they are usually around 50 - 60 ppm, would like to see about 20 ppm.
As far as pic go I do not have the slightest clue how to get them attached, any advise would be great. Thks

brandon7491

well hmm lets think what u could do with the clam... I got it call some of ur friends up and have a big clam bake
actually could u eat one of those clams if u really wanted too? or do they have some kind of toxin or worms? n e ways murph i dont mean to hijack ur thread but i posted this on -- what do u think will better for pulling crap out of a 75gallon sps tank, a asm2 or a euro reef Rs80? i will have a fairly heavy stock list consisting of
maited pair of flame angels
5 lyretial anthias
a purple tang
pair of onyx clowns.
thanks man and ur tank is beautiful

murph145

Hunted you want your nitrates down as close to zero as possible just keep up on your maintencance and a good protein skimmer will help rid your tank of the nitrates by removing any proteins in the water... to upload a pic i use Photobucket to save them on the add to this site very easy to do since SWF.com only allows a maximum of 500x500 pixels
Brandon... i duno if you could eat it or not?? hmm interesting maybe i can do that lol.... no but reallly i figured id probably keep it until its too big then id get a new tank i really want a big cube tank or at least a tank thats 36" deep as compared to 24".... i think either skimmer will work great i run the ASM G-4 and it works nicely and is relatively cheap.... you could do the mesh mod to the impeller and it even works better....
El Bob my fuzzy sad to say died about 4-5 months ago... not sure what happened he was doin just great and i actually watched it happen he was swimming then went bazirk swimmin in circles and then within a matter of 20 seconds went from fine and healthy to dead

hunted

Thanks murph I got my pic's uploaded in the fish photograpy form.
And I'm working on those nitrates but my big naso is making it hard.

murph145

those big fish can make it hard i dont have too many fish in my tank i never measure those things except calcium alk and mag
a few new pics

chilwil84

beautiful as always. can u clean the glass in front of the colony in the last pic. that has to be one of the hairiest millis