a few more pics of my 55g(ive added something new)hmmmmm

philgmiami

heres a few cool pics of my 55g. i only have a small nigar trigger and a small stars and stripe puffer. im working on my rockscape and live rock now. when im happy with that ill get some more fish(small ones)..small ones because its only a 55g.. im getn my 125g in 2 months
.. comments welcome :happy:

S

sensesfail

Wow, nice tank. Where did you get those huge rocks from?

oceana

although it looks kinda cool you will regret the horseshoe crab
they are like dulldozers and when they feel like it they will and can lift and topple your rock work

philgmiami

Originally Posted by swfishonly
can u get us a pic of the niger
here ya go,,heres a pic from about a week ago of him. when i took those 4 pics, he was hiding in the rock work.. he found himself a big hole in the side of one of my rocks and he sleeps in it, its soo cool. you only see his tail sticking out,lol

philgmiami

Originally Posted by sensesfail
from the ocean about 3 months ago. i used a pressure washer on them and cured them in freshwater for about 3 weeks to kill anything on them..there already growing coriline on them
there not so big in person, its just the angel of the pic

philgmiami

Originally Posted by sensesfail
the ocean,its lime rock-kinda solid,but i also have live rock too(worm colony live rock with sooo much stuff on em)the dead rock i have look better in person. theres holes going through them.. its kinds fun picking them out. i find the ones with the best shapes that i can combine togther to make in's and out's

Hey philgmiami there was a on e-bay selling 25 pounds of live rock for $55.00 shipped and I bought 50 pounds of it and it looks like the rocks you have in that trigger picture. :thinking: I wonder if he got them from where you got yours he said the divers brought it in everyday! :yes:

johns

Forgive me if I'm mistaken....... but I've been told that puffer fish and coral don't get along. The puffer will eat your coral.

philgmiami

Originally Posted by johns
Forgive me if I'm mistaken....... but I've been told that puffer fish and coral don't get along. The puffer will eat your coral.
I DONT HAVE CORAL :thinking:

glnzoffun

What lights do you have on the tank for the anemones? I have a 65 gallon (I think - don't know got it for free) and I need to upgrade my lights for the a sebea I just bought. Your tank looks great so I thought I'd follow your advice!

bigb

Originally Posted by glnzoffun
What lights do you have on the tank for the anemones? I have a 65 gallon (I think - don't know got it for free) and I need to upgrade my lights for the a sebea I just bought. Your tank looks great so I thought I'd follow your advice!
You really should know your tank size so you can buy the proper size items when doing any changes and/or upgrades. LxWxHx.00433 this will give you a very close estimate. Obviously if you measure from the outside you aren't getting the true gallons as measurements from the inside so number will be a little higher than actual.

glnzoffun

Made a mistake before - have a 55 gallon tank! So, any lighting tips? As you can tell, I'm learning and virtually inexperienced with anything but a FOWLR system.

philgmiami

Originally Posted by glnzoffun
Made a mistake before - have a 55 gallon tank! So, any lighting tips? As you can tell, I'm learning and virtually inexperienced with anything but a FOWLR system.
its a 260w pc.. 2 daylight and 2 actinic.i can get SOME corals and anemones.it cost between $200 and $250

glnzoffun

Any online sites that you can recommend? BY the way, what types of anemones do you have? And, do you know what type of corals you can keep?

monalisa

Sorry Phil, but what is happening with the ich breakout that you had? I take it that it wasn't that bad and is under control? :notsure: I was just wondering and hoping that things are under control since it hasn't been that long...yeah, I'm here pretty much all the time, forgive me... :rolleyes:
Lisa :happyfish

philgmiami

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Sorry Phil, but what is happening with the ich breakout that you had? I take it that it wasn't that bad and is under control? :notsure: I was just wondering and hoping that things are under control since it hasn't been that long...yeah, I'm here pretty much all the time, forgive me... :rolleyes:
Lisa :happyfish
. i treated my tANK WITH THIS BROWN SOUPY STUFF FOR 5 DAYS(CORAL SAFE). THE NASO DIDNT MAKE IT
. EVER SINCE THEN I BOUGHT A UV STERILIZER AND BOUGHT A COUPLE OF MORE FISH. ITS BEEN A LIL OVER A WEEK SINCE IHAVE THEM AND NO SIGNS OF ICK.. NOT SURE IF THE TREATMENT GOT RIDE OF IT OR THE NEW UV STERILIZER :notsure: I ALSO BEEN USING GARLIC TO SOAK MY KRILL IN. I HEARD IT BUILDS UP THE IMMUNE SYSTEM IN FISH