A Fish Named Nemo

gmidd

I thought it'd be interesting to see how many of us out there have fishes named off a character from the movie "Finding Nemo"

sigmachris

My BioCube is in my 2 year olds room so of course. Right now just a cleaner shrimp named Jaque, but I'm sure the Perc will be named Nemo too.

kevin34

Originally Posted by Buffett
no i named mine lil jerry lol
Did you name it that after the rooster Kramer got on Seinfeld?

kevin34

Originally Posted by DragonZim
I dont name any of my fish. I feel that it is a sure way to ensure their doom!
I'm with DragonZim. I never name name my fish.

chuckcac

Originally Posted by JO118
i named mine Omen, because its nemo backwards...so kindof
kinda like Oprah and her company Harpo...?

azfishgal

Yes, we have a Marlin and Nemo in QT. And we will also have a Dori, Bubbles, Jaque, can't remember the Royal Gramma's name but he'll be in there too. I have an 8 year old and 4 year old, so it goes without saying.

payton 350

no, me personally it annoys me....but for obvious reasons others should do as to what makes them happy
named my clowns Val and Trex

chuckcac

i named my Beta 'Al Fishino' a.k.a. "Scarfin"
because the scar that serves as a reminder of his succesful fight with fin rot.... :hilarious

kanicky

I love the movie but don't think I'd name any of my fish after the characters. We do have two true percs whose names are Betty and Norb after my late grandparents. My Papa loved fishtanks and had about ten of them down in their basement, where he spent a lot of time lovingly taking care of them, as well as breeding them.
Those are the only two fish we will name

maelv

Originally Posted by azfishgal
A...we will also have a Dori, Bubbles, Jaque,...
That's funny.....I have the same ones....and although we haven't officially named them.....when talking to our friends who know even less about saltwater fish then my kids do, we reference the movie and use those names...LOL...I have a 8 and a 6 year old and they will actually use Yellow Tang, Blue Hippo, and Cleaner Shrimp to name them, but their friends usually look at them like they are crazy :notsure: so then they break it down Nemo style....