A Little 20gal Update

Look what the UPS fairy left on my door step yesterday

My new Pacific Coast 24 Inch PCI 4 Bulb T5 System w/ LED!!!
I love the simulated moonlight feature. I have this set up on timers so when the lights shut off the moonlight LEDs come on.
Moonlight Feature

Should I be limiting the amount of time the lights are on? I have the daytime bulbs going from 6am till 10pm and the moonlight from 10pm till 6am.
Here is whats left of my cleaner clam

Peppermint shrimp seem comfortable enough to come out during the day now.

Nanners and Clark seem to really enjoy the new lighting

Thanks for checking my tank out! Keep watching... more updates to come

meowzer

I had to go look that light up...
Are you running ALL the lights that long? IF SO...that is way too much.....you can have the actinics (blue) come on at 6 if you want, then have the white lights come on at say...11 and go off at 7 ...that's 8 hours of light...and then have the actinics go off at 10 p.m.
Fit the lights into your schedule.....
P.S. Things are lookin good

Ah I see! Well I have noticed a little more algae than normal on the glass... I will start leaving the white ones off in the morning and evening

meowzer

Originally Posted by JamesCameron1
http:///forum/post/3128551
Ah I see! Well I have noticed a little more algae than normal on the glass... I will start leaving the white ones off in the morning and evening
Get seperate timers....I have all my lights on their own timers...sctinics on one, white on another....moon on another
Get it...LOL It sure beats trying to remember to turn anything on or off

I have the moonlights and the main lights on different timers... only problem is the blue and white bulbs are on the same fixture... they have separate switches but only one plug.. thats why I have been leaving them all on... but I guess I can't be lazy anymore
lol