A silly video I made today.

monsinour

I know that if I dont stop my wife, we would easily have way more than 4 dogs. I did not know she found an elderly dog and now I have questions for her, LOL. I would rather allow my wife to pick out a puppy at a breeder or at a shelter where there are lotsa puppies. She has never had the experience of picking out a puppy from a litter. I did that with my cocker and it was such a blast to be able to do. We are shelter people, so its hard to find a shelter that has puppies from a litter that are available. I have a feeling that the elderly dog she was referincing will be ours soon. The TV in the back ground with sully is a 55" and when he stand on his hind legs, he is taller than me. I am average height at 5'9". He is a big teddy bear that just wants to be a lap dog but forgets that he is over 100 pounds. MuShu was supposed to be my dog, but she bonded with our daughter. It makes sense as our daughter was barely 1 when we got her and they have grown up together.

1snapple

Brandon, can I have your dog?
We used to have an old lab, She died a while ago. She used to love cantelope

Then we got a dog that is 3/4 Lab 1/4 sharpe and he was huge.
He weighted close to 150+ pounds, ran 35+ MPH, and sadly as a pup got trampled by a mule but was fine? I could not believe it, he chased the horses and tried to chase a mule.....
Bad idea. the mule trampled him, then he got up and ran torward us just fine.
Then he ran away to the neighbors who gave him nothing but treats so he looks like a big twinkie.

B

brandonsivek

LOL Well Snapple, I think she likes it here, but if she decides to move out Ill keep you in mind. She is actually a Great Pyrenees, a lot of people think she is a white Golden Retreiver LOL

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonSivek http:///forum/thread/383318/a-silly-video-i-made-today/20#post_3351990
LOL Well Snapple, I think she likes it here, but if she decides to move out Ill keep you in mind. She is actually a Great Pyrenees, a lot of people think she is a white Golden Retreiver LOL
I was going to guess a Great Pyrenees mix actually. She has the coloring on one but her head and size aren't the typical GP size and shape. They tend to have great personalities. I used to groom one named Sugar when I worked at a vet. I loved that dog and did her every 2 weeks. She would use her nose to turn door knobs and pull the doors open so I had to keep an eye on her! Sadly she was diagnosed with bone cancer at the age of 5 and I was with her when she crossed the rainbow bridge. Her family could not bear to stay and I wanted to make sure she wasn't alone. When she was gone i cleaned her up from her injection, my last act as her groomer I guess, and carried her to the back room. It was like losing one of my own.
I discussed the dog I found with Monsi. We are going to see her tomorrow. he saw what I saw when I showed him the picture, she looks a lot like my Lady.

mylady

dang it I did it again. Keep forgetting to check who is logged in here! Well the previous statement is from me, not hubby LOL

B

brandonsivek

LOL Thats okay Lady, yeah she is smaller then usual for one, but rest assured she is 100% Pyr. We got her from a friend of ours who worked for the SPCA. The breeder was not taking care of the animals they way they needed to be cared for, and instead of having charges placed against him, he asked my friend if she knew anyone who wanted one. We have all of her papers and everything and, ofcourse, she has the funny little double dew claws. We call them her dewberries. LOL

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonSivek http:///forum/thread/383318/a-silly-video-i-made-today/20#post_3352021
LOL Thats okay Lady, yeah she is smaller then usual for one, but rest assured she is 100% Pyr. We got her from a friend of ours who worked for the SPCA. The breeder was not taking care of the animals they way they needed to be cared for, and instead of having charges placed against him, he asked my friend if she knew anyone who wanted one. We have all of her papers and everything and, ofcourse, she has the funny little double dew claws. We call them her dewberries. LOL
(hanging my head, I did it AGAIN, the following is from me (MyLady) and not monsi.
Thar's OK, what I call our fake Standard Poodle, I use him as a demo dog for some of the grooming shows and you wouldn't believe the number of groomers who come up asking what he is. NONE guess Standard Poodle LOL. These are all dog people, people who really know their breeds for the most part (or should) and I've had those same people say things like "What a nice Giant Schnauzer", "Now THAT"S a Bouvier", "Is that a Black Russian Terrier?", "Wow a Poodle and Irish Wolfhound mix, how cool!" LOL. He's also 100 pounds, sheds, has fur that doesn't grow longer than 2 inches on his legs etc etc etc. Adopted him when he was 4 months old from a poodle rescue that got him from a pet store, so he has papers but the papers are NOT AKC. They are papers from some registry where I could get a pet rock papers if I wanted to! He's a good dog though.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383318/a-silly-video-i-made-today/20#post_3352286
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLady
http:///forum/thread/383318/a-silly-video-i-made-today/20#post_3352239
Pixie is adorable. Do you know what she is? I'm going to guess sheltie/Pug maybe?
Sheltie/pug
...NO.....my pug is a pug....LOL....Pixie is part yorkie/chihuahua/IDK/and the groomer think chinese crested cause of her weird hair on her head....can not see it in the picture

Pixi looks like that cute little dog on a show called Petticoat Junction...The dogs name was Dog.

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/383318/a-silly-video-i-made-today/20#post_3351949
I know that if I dont stop my wife, we would easily have way more than 4 dogs. I did not know she found an elderly dog and now I have questions for her, LOL. I would rather allow my wife to pick out a puppy at a breeder or at a shelter where there are lotsa puppies. She has never had the experience of picking out a puppy from a litter. I did that with my cocker and it was such a blast to be able to do. We are shelter people, so its hard to find a shelter that has puppies from a litter that are available. I have a feeling that the elderly dog she was referincing will be ours soon.
The TV in the back ground with sully is a 55" and when he stand on his hind legs, he is taller than me. I am average height at 5'9". He is a big teddy bear that just wants to be a lap dog but forgets that he is over 100 pounds. MuShu was supposed to be my dog, but she bonded with our daughter. It makes sense as our daughter was barely 1 when we got her and they have grown up together.
I was right. We went to the shelter today to look at Britney and we ended up coming home with her. She is a sweet 9 yo lab mix. She is currently acclimating to our house.

monsinour

Well, if room wasnt a problem, there was a boxer and some kind of border/lab/something mix that I wanted to bring home. LOL