A walk through our tank

S

spike_501

one of the best tanks i have seen on here, please please can you tell me: how long have you had your ricordea mushroom (one in 1st picture) and has it reproduced since you have had it?
thank you so much

oceana

i have had it for about 2 months give or take.
no babys yet but its foot has been moving and seems to have a new growth. hoping to have another one soon.
thanks for all the great comments. i know we do these tanks for ourself but its nice when others appriciate all your work

oceana

they are zooanthids. they come in 1000's of colors and paterns. these particular ones have bright green skirts a very deep purple ring and the bright yellow/green mouths. in person they look even better then the pic but the flash washed out some of there color.
thanks for showing interest

adrock16

Zooanthids, are they a soft coral? Im looking into getting some PC lights and wondered if these lights are going to be ok for this kind of coral.

oceana

yes pc is fine for zoos. and yes they are considered a softie.i am not sure but i think they are a species all on there own. some one i'm sure will come along to correct me if i'm wrong.
zoo come in every form from dark brown to the brightest of blues. the brighter the zoo generaly the more light they need in order to maintain there bright colors. generaly though they will do well under normal pc lighting. growth will be slow and colors will vary but they will do fine.
many find that there dull brown polyps will turn into very bright colors after being put under bright lighting..
the zoos you see in that pic under 20000k MH look so bright green and purple it looks as if they are glowing. but after i brought them home under a bit less light then they had they darkened a bit.
pic number 10,11,3,13,15,and 21 are ALL different zoo's
gl to ya

oceana

here are some pics to give you an idea on how different and very bright zoos can be. these are a few of my favorites

oceana

12 and 14 are pics of our 10-14 inch purple long tentical anemone. now that its settled into the tank when its ready to eat it will expand so big that it fills that entire area.
every day it seemed to get darker and darker in color. now its stoped getting darker and seems very happy with his 5 inch saddle back clown host