abaralnek's 29 biocube

abaralnek

sweet!!must the tank be nice and established or can i start adding these type of things once the cycle is over?

subielover

I like to add clean up crew a couple days after your parameters have zeroed out, nitrite, nitrate and ammonia. A week or so after add a fish, and another week or two later add some nice zoas. Make sure the ones you add you like, as they do spread quite quickly in most instances.

abaralnek

tested the waters again today and here is what i got.
ph-been a consistent 7.8
amm dropped to 0
nitrite is still at .25
nitrate is between 10 and 20
i was surprised to see the ammonia drop to 0 already,could my cycle really be going this fast?

abaralnek

i did the ammonia test again to get my gf's opinion on the color she says that its .25 so its coming down anyway.

rotarymagic

Put more caves and openings in the rocks and keep them off the back wall to increase circulation in the tank... definitely some cool pieces in there thouh..

abaralnek

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2917748
Put more caves and openings in the rocks and keep them off the back wall to increase circulation in the tank... definitely some cool pieces in there thouh..

you cant really tell but there is alot of caves throughout the rock work and there is alot of openings up against the back wall.the water looks to be flowing nicely around the back side..

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by abaralnek
http:///forum/post/2917763
you cant really tell but there is alot of caves throughout the rock work and there is alot of openings up against the back wall.the water looks to be flowing nicely around the back side..
oh ok...I just think holes in the rock... leaves more places to put corals later and for fish to swim through..

abaralnek

more testing today and here is what i got.
ph is still 7.8
amm is .25
nitrite dropped to 0
nitrate is at 20 for the second day.
and here is a updated pic.i changed the rock work a little,there is now more caves and its opened up a little more in the back.