abaralnek's 29 biocube

d-dzel

I wanted to order LR from this site, but I kinda wanted to know what shape I would be getting.
I'm around the border line with R.I.

nissan577

hey man! the tank looks really great! i cant wait for it to turn out really great! im so excited! i know it gonna turn out better then mine!

abaralnek

thanks,i dont know about mine being better than yours..
tested again today ammonia and nitrites are both zero nitrates are still at 20.would this weekend be to soon for a clean up crew assuming everything is at 0?

nissan577

Originally Posted by abaralnek
http:///forum/post/2920369
thanks,i dont know about mine being better than yours..
tested again today ammonia and nitrites are both zero nitrates are still at 20.would this weekend be to soon for a clean up crew assuming everything is at 0?
well i meant the rockwork! lol but im sure it will turn out great!

subielover

Originally Posted by abaralnek
http:///forum/post/2920369
As long as everything is at zero, you are fine to start adding a couple snails. I would recommend doing a 10-20% water change though, the day before you add the snails.

abaralnek

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2920399
As long as everything is at zero, you are fine to start adding a couple snails. I would recommend doing a 10-20% water change though, the day before you add the snails.
sounds good.which snails would you recommend starting out with?
my sand is already starting to get dirty in the corners.

subielover

A few cerith and nassarius. Maybe 1 mexican turbo to start and go from there. Once you have some fish in you can see where you need the extra help.

abaralnek

thanks again.should i do something about my ph level?its been at 7.8 since ive started and i see most people have theres in the 8.2 or so range??

subielover

Nah, mine is usually around 8.0, regular water changes will bump it up. Are you mixing your own water, and if so are you aerating it for a minimum of 24 hours. By aerating I mean a powerhead mixing the salt with the ro water. Another thing that may help is pointing a powerhead at the surface of the water. You should see ripples across the water surface not a film.

abaralnek

yup im mixing my own water using ro.and i have a powerhead in the bucket.the water is usually mixing for close to 24hrs anyway.there is a film on the surface of my tank now,i should have the power head or return pump pointing up to create ripples?

abaralnek

nitrates are still at 20,how long does it usually stay this high?
i just added a good amount of free chaeto last night so this may help?

abaralnek

thanks man,i appreciate it.well at first im going to get a clean up crew of course.then the first fish will either be a pair of clowns or blenny,not sure yet.ill also be adding a purple firefish goby once thing get going.