abaralnek's 29 biocube

abaralnek

hey guys,i have the biocube filled and ready for live rock.i should be adding that tomorrow.ill be posting pictures for sure.
couple quick questions what should i shoot for as a temp?and how can i quiet the water falling into the middle chamber,this tank is 6ft from my bed and the gf is upset that its so loud.

cal559

I think spanko can anwser the waterfall issue you made some kind of rack i believe...search his profile name

abaralnek

well i got 45lbs of rock in the mail today and i must say that it seems like to much.stupid me i didnt rinse the rock off before starting the aquascaping.added some rock and the water clouded up so bad that i couldnt see anything.what do i do now just leave all the rock in the tank and wait till it clears enough to try again?

subielover

Pretty much. As for the waterfall sound, I have all three of my back chambers filled almost all the way up. No waterfall sound for me. I also widened the overflow from chamber 1 to chamber 2, to allow sufficient water movement in the back chambers and to keep up with my upgraded return(mj900.)

abaralnek

this turned out to be a disaster,i cant see anything in my tank.should i scrub all the rock down put it in a bucket and do a water change and try again?im sure the water will clear up eventually buy im thinking as soon as i start moving the rock around the same thing is going to happen unless i scrub it all down?

abaralnek

alright guys i got the rock setup and the sand in place,thankfully my gf was here to keep me calm

i ordered 40lbs of live sand and 45-50 lbs of live rock from this site and its more than i needed,i must have 25lbs of rock left and same with the sand.ill get some pics of it soon.

abaralnek

here is a cloudy pic.

i just added the rock and sand a few hours ago and my ammonia level is already at .050 is it normal for it to spike so fast?should i do a water change.

its normal, give it time and the nitrites will spike then nitrates then you will be ready for a water change. You gotta give it time though. My ammonia was at 1ppm at one point which a lot of people say you should do a waterchange to bring it down...i didnt and it turned out fine. Just wait it out

abaralnek

i did some test on the tank today here is what i got
ph=7.8
amm=0.50
nitrite=0ppm
nitrate=5.0-10ppm hard to tell between the 2

silverdak

looks good, personally I would add another 10-15 lbs if you have that much left over. that's just me tho, some people don't like a lot of rock I personally think the more LR the better. It really fills out the tank and makes more hiding spots for your fish and inverts.
that's just one persons opinion, if you like it that's all that matters!

abaralnek

id like to add more rock but was having trouble fitting them in there and still look halfway decent.i have a few round pieces leftover

silverdak

ya the center stack looks cool, lots of people go for the center cave type thing (thats what I did) the closer you get to the glass the harder it will be to clean... one side of my Biocube can't be cleaned simply because I can't get anything in there to clean. lol

subielover

Looks better, I liked it before but this looks even better plus you have the added benefit of better filtration. Good work.