about my triggers

kik28

so i decided to get huma huma and a niger triggers for my 75 g tank.
risky i know but i like them,, what can i do!!!!!
anyway.. i was wondering if u can tell me what cleaner i can get for them,, like cleaner clam and some big snails and crabs,, i would love to have crabs,,, i hope i can house some in my tank to take care of the wastes... how about a sea star...i would love to have one but i doubt would survive with triggers,, anyway...
ok guys , shoot ideas
and thank you

kik28

no way dragon im not takin them back... i may get rid of them when they get bigger.. i am thinkin to get only one trigger { picasso} and some other fish..not sure what ,, any suggestions???

dragonzim

Nope, I actually had a humu humu trigger in my 75 before I had a lot of experience and I traded him in when it was clear that it got too big for my tank. If I had known before I bought it that it would outgrow a 75 within 2 years I never would have bought it in the first place.

kik28

well dragon..i will do the same thing..when the triggers get big i'll exchange them....i really dont see what kinda fish i can get...there s nothing like a trigger... watchin it swim , play , feed and interract,,,
i dont know...i wish i had bigger than 75 g tank....
tx for the replies anyway....

calmplex2g

i currently have 2 triggers,humu and a bursa in a 30....Luaght at will..but they are doing good together and i have hermit crabs but they only come out at night and during the day my humu tries to eat but fails...well he got 1 of them in about 3 months...so i would get hermit crabs ...and btw im gonna update to a 70 gallon in about 2 weeks..then gonna update even bigger,just need a something bigger before i save 4 the BIGGEr tank

dragonzim

Originally Posted by kik28
well dragon..i will do the same thing..when the triggers get big i'll exchange them....i really dont see what kinda fish i can get...there s nothing like a trigger... watchin it swim , play , feed and interract,,,
I had to do that because I didnt know any better at the time. You've been told by a few people that this fish will not fit for long in a 75. Very irresponsible to go ahead and do it anyway. These are living creatures, not toys.

billyg

I,ve got all sorts of em in a 150 huma,bursa,retangle,clown & niger & they all do very well together

Its not right to "rent" a trigger until it gets to big for your tank. Imagine buying a puppy then returning it when becomes a dog and out grows your apartment. Its very stressful for the fish to move.
But triggers are fun, so if you want to get one, get a bursa, it will remain smaller than a niger or a humu humu, and you should be able to keep it in your 75 g even when its full grown, providing you don't overstock the tank.

vegas made

so which one do u think is more aggressive , huma or bursa????
come down kik ofcourse everyone is gonna giv you ---- for having triggers in a small tank dont worry about it if you want to its fine when they get too big maybe you will upgrade or maybe you will take them back i have a blue-line in 60 gallon tank with 2 puffers and a lion i used to have a bursa undy niger and my blue-line all in my 60 gallon tank but that was too much so i only have the blu-line now
i think the huma would be good for you because thats the slowest growing trigger but in my opinion neither of them are that aggresive

vegas made

so which one do u think is more aggressive , huma or bursa????
o and my clean up crew are crabs but you can only get hermit crabs because they can hide in there shell but not all of them live i have about 10 little baby ones and 2 large hermit crabs the triggers would only go after the big ones but eventually they leqave them alone and they are a good clean up crew but they could kill them at anytime but they should be fine
they will tear a starfish up

dragonzim

Originally Posted by vegas made
come down kik ofcourse everyone is gonna giv you ---- for having triggers in a small tank dont worry about it if you want to its fine when they get too big maybe you will upgrade or maybe you will take them back i have a blue-line in 60 gallon tank with 2 puffers and a lion i used to have a bursa undy niger and my blue-line all in my 60 gallon tank but that was too much so i only have the blu-line now
i think the huma would be good for you because thats the slowest growing trigger but in my opinion neither of them are that aggresive

That is some truly horrible advice.
By the way, Humu Humu triggers are among the most agressive.

Originally Posted by vegas made

you seriously have a blueline, 2 puffers, and a lion in 60 g. I'm guessing they've already outgrown that tank. Even juvenile blueline triggers are nasty, and require large tanks.

vegas made

Originally Posted by markanderson
you seriously have a blueline, 2 puffers, and a lion in 60 g. I'm guessing they've already outgrown that tank. Even juvenile blueline triggers are nasty, and require large tanks.
no they are all juvenilles still and all are very comfortable in my tank right now i still have some time to uprgade
my blue-line isnt bad he gets along with all my fish but not my crabs

vegas made

Originally Posted by DragonZim
That is some truly horrible advice.
By the way, Humu Humu triggers are among the most agressive.

they are awesome fish and in some peoples opinion they are very aggresive but compared to all of the other triggers the huma huma arent even in the top 5 aggresive triggers
and they would be a good choice for him because they are the slowest growing triggers so they would be fine in your tank for a while

kirkaz

Oh Boy...Vegas is Back!! Let the onslaught begin...Your tank is still a dissaster waiting to happen, nice picture in your avatar, I am sure your puffer is puffed because he is stressed!! Vegas, what happened to your Undulate, Niger and Bursa, was there a big battle royal and your Blue Line came out on top? And they killed the Toad Fish in the melee (sp?).
Good to have you back

vegas made

Originally Posted by kirkaz
Oh Boy...Vegas is Back!! Let the onslaught begin...Your tank is still a dissaster waiting to happen, nice picture in your avatar, I am sure your puffer is puffed because he is stressed!! Vegas, what happened to your Undulate, Niger and Bursa, was there a big battle royal and your Blue Line came out on top? And they killed the Toad Fish in the melee (sp?).
Good to have you back

hahaha

lol no man i took my bursa undy and niger back i took your advice
i just got the blue-line now and the toad fish and a lion and 2 puffers and thats the only time my porc puffer has puffed up in his whole life so far i dunno why he was stressed or scared he was all alone no one was near him and he just puffed up i dunno i checked my water everything was fine