Acro not doing well??

M

mxsnow145

hey i got this acro two weeks ago and i dont think its looking good or opening all the way
just tested my lvl and they are all fine
2 weeks ago

today

reefkprz

its definitely not doing well, browning out and lack of polyp extension are bad signs. tough to say whether it needs more light or flow but I would bet on lighting try moving it to a brighter location with good intermittent flow.

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxsnow145 http:///t/393129/acro-not-doing-well#post_3494987
hey i got this acro two weeks ago and i dont think its looking good or opening all the way
just tested my lvl and they are all fine
What do you consider "fine" levels? It may help if you actually post numbers. The more information you provide the better the chances of getting assistance.

M

mxsnow145

pH 8.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
phosphates 0
SG 1.026
temp 79
DKH 8
calcium 440
the tank place ment is like 3/4 up the tank 6-8in from the top
i am also running leds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxsnow145 http:///t/393129/acro-not-doing-well#post_3495703
pH 8.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
phosphates 0
SG 1.026
temp 79
DKH 8
calcium 440
the tank place ment is like 3/4 up the tank 6-8in from the top
i am also running leds
Your water parameters look good but we should examine the lighting.
What type of LED light do you have? Is it a brand name or a DIY?
What's the spectrum, color temperature, etc? There are several variables with lighting that effect coral growth, color, poly extension etc. This appears to be some kind of montipora and these corals need sufficient lighting.

luvmyreef

Ya know, that looks like a red planet. The first pic looks like one that has been under lower light, cause there is more green to it. It would be more pink if it was under higher light. The second pic of the coral could represent poor water quality and very low lights. I have kept the red planet under t5s and it never turned brown like that. If that is a red planet acro. :%%:

ibew41

looks more like a monti than a red planet need to know more about your lights 1w 3w 5w? how many and what colors .