ads :(

renogaw

what's up with all the ads everywhere? it's almost as if swf.com is one of those spam search sites now, one of those that happen when you type in the wrong address by one or two letters.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by renogaw http:///forum/thread/380087/ads#post_3306876
what's up with all the ads everywhere? it's almost as if swf.com is one of those spam search sites now, one of those that happen when you type in the wrong address by one or two letters.

Google ad blocker for windows, download and kiss ads goodbye. That's what I did..

Spanko mentioned Google Chrome but he runs a Mac I think
or runs firefox one or the other. I run Internet Explorer

geoj

I don't even notice them, I guess when you are bombarded by the media, every were you go, you learn to block it all out.

meowzer

I downloaded the adblocker for IE and it screwed up my IE, so I removed it......I also downloaded the one for Firefox...and it worked great

spanko

I just removed the Google Chrome ad blocker as I believe it was slowing down my refresh rates on my laptop.

renogaw

well, i just noticed actually that the thing is using cookies from my computer for the ads...i went to justvanities.com earlier this morning, and now i have ads for the website. that's pretty well invasive no?

stdreb27

yeah, the adds are pretty disappointing. But I didn't expect the lack of adds to last forever...

cranberry

I'm still using the ad blocker on chrome and am very happy with it. I can't use this site on the iPhone though because it's just too crazy. I've joined other forums that are more iphone compatible. Sad but true. The ads look cheap.

spanko

It works fine on the desk top computer with Chrome, just slows down the laptop with Chrome for some reason.

renogaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///forum/thread/380087/ads#post_3307653
yeah, the adds are pretty disappointing. But I didn't expect the lack of adds to last forever...
there's a difference between ads (say on other forums) and these ads. it's almost as if the site has just become a billboard for anything out there. other forums at least have ads that relate somewhat to the forums...