Advice needed ASAP

fallout

I bought this anemone last night and the sales person told me to turn off all my powerheads for a couple hours to give the anemone a chance to set itself. I shut off all my powerheads and my water pump, so no water was being circulated for about 2 hrs. I didn't want to leave my water pump off all night so I plugged it back in but left my powerheads off all night.
I woke up to this picture.

What should I do? Is this normal behavior for anemones? I don't want to move it because the water current will just wash it back off any rock I set it on.

meowzer

Leave it alone, it will go where it wants to go and by moving it you will only stress it out.
I'd put the powerheads back on too....when they attach, they'll hold on.

fallout

well all the power heads are now on and the anemone still has attached or moved on it's on power. The flow if the water did move it around though.

I would cover your powerhead intakes with a prefilter or some type of cover. You don't want him getting caught in there, or you will have a real mess on your hands

dive girl

You can use a sponge on your pre-filter to cover that. I know the slots are really small but since anemones are mainly water, they CAN get sucked in. I use fiberglass window screen to cover my powerheads.

naclh2o nut

My new BTA did not have a problem grabbing ahold. It went directly to the back of the tank and latched in the the bottom rock. I tore doen half of tank to get it out and back up front in the light that they need.

Twenty minutes later it was almost back to the same spot.
Now after reading and asking I have let it be.
Two days now and yesterday when I came home the goofy thing had slid under the rock and its body(?/foot) had stretched out close to a foot long. The tentacals where waving in the current soaking up the rays. From the front he looked normal, lodged into a crevice and ready for the clowns. As I walked past the tank that is when I noticed it hadn't moved just stretched out.
This thing is wild and has no brain?
I wonder!
Update on yours, has he found a foot hold?

That's what my bta did when I arranged my rock work. He moved to the back but he seems very happy there so I don't mind. I just wish you could see him.

fallout

I was really sick yesterday so I didn't do anything with my tank. My anemone did move or the water current moved it. This is where it decided to set up camp.

I thought it's foot was attached but as I looked through the side of the tank it I realized that the foot wasn't attached.

I hope this is normal. I gave it a little bit of food. I hope it is happy. I guess time will tell.

fallout

now i just need to get my clown to find it. Too bad the anemone decided to set up on the opposite side of the tank that my clowns hang out at.

jeffreyyy

Hello,
I too just got a BTA and I see that some people say that you don't need to feed them b/c they get their food from the light. That is true but they also need to be feed some meaty food too or if you have any fish that get to close you will not see them any longer. But a good source of food that they seem to like is a tiny fish called Silver sides. You can find them frozen at any fish store. Good luck with your new family addition

Jeff