Aggressive nano....

aquaguy24

thank you..i just saw a pair of red leaf fishies at my lfs...im thinkin of gettin them..they are about 2 in. each..wat do u think..good idea or bad..

cranberry

The red won't stay. Leaf fish are one of the hardest ones to convert to frozen. I have one I still can't convert. It may be more than you should take on while still getting the fuzzy use to his environment. Feeding two fish live foods while there is one in the tank you want to keep on frozen takes some hand skills.
But if you want to take on the challenge, they would be good tank mates.

aquaguy24

I hear ya. I guess I'll wait. Thanx for fast reply. Last night my fuzzy took one frozen krill. But wouldn't take a second. Have u ever used the starvation technique. If so, did it work.

aquaguy24

update...well i actually purchased the leaf fishes...Qt them to get them eating frozen..i starved them for 2 days and waved frozen shrimp and squid till they finally took it..so now they are in the 24g with the lion..i got the lion to eat frozen aswell..heres some pics..one of the leaf scorp has turned completly yellow..while the other is still red...but i wouldn't bet on it stayin red either...

aquaguy24

thank you guys and gals...yes i have a fts but its kinda blurry tho...nothin great..i have frags ready to go in but i need to upgrade my light first..although im nursing a brain coral in there (not in pic)and its coming back nicely..

aquaguy24

thank u..that would be sweet...try to get a very small angler...they look like little monsters..lol...its funny to see them use ther "fishing pole"..lol..but get the rare ones tho..like the painted or wartskin...they go for about $130 and up...depending on the size and color..

cranberry

They aren't small enough. None of the common ones are IMO. They are often misID as well, so you may end up with a much bigger angler than intended.

worrballer

So how big do the smallest anglers get? And what are they called?
Sorry to hijack this thread but I've always wanted an angler just never did the research yet.

aquaguy24

LOL it's all good. Just long ppl are gettn the correct information. There are a lot of mixed info on how big they get. Some say they need 20g and some say they need 70g. IMO u'll be okay with gettn a very small wartskin angler. About 1". U might have to upgrade as they grow. As for tank mates just as long the fish is bigger.no puffers or triggers. They like to nip at their "fishing pole". Carefull tho. These anglers are known to eat fish that are a little bigger then they are. Even poisonous fiish. I read painted anglers get around 4", wartskin get around 7-10" and common anglers get big over 10". As cranberry said. Sometimes it hard to tell the difference between some anglers.