Aggressives in a 55 gal?

drkdweller

oh yeah niger triggers are nice, dont get an octo. they will hide in any rock that has a whole in it they have no bones so they can fit in to the smallest holes. if it inks in your tank you got to do 100% water change cause its toxic in a inclosed system.

conogre

Anglers will eat dwarf lionfish and not even burp.
Cahinlinks are smaller and more peaceful than a SFE (I have both and about 5 others as well) and are actually 1st cousins.
ANYT eel will eat any octopus in 1.5 seconds...one heck of a fight though (always bet on the eel, it pays for the octopus)
Tobies are the smallest puffers and will KILL (read my lips here K-I-L-L ) lionfish, even big ones. Got that?
Bigger puffers, like dog-faces and lionfish get along just fine, only not in a 55.
IF the lion happens to be REALY huge and eats the Toby in self defense first, you now have 2 dead fish.
Puffers are deadly poison to anything that eats them.
With dwarf lionfish consider: Hamlets (all), dwarf sea basses (all) chainlink eels (great..stays small), Hawkfish, sea bream, LARGE sailfin mollies (cheap in the FW section, beautiful, tough as nails in ocean water, eats algae and hair algae and have live babies to feed the others...best buy in town. Takes 3.1 seconds to acclimate) Fairy wrasses (a little delicate),6 line wrasses (NOT delicate),large sleeper gobies, to name just a few.

gkp

Sorry but no one has said anything abouy the altamate small aggresive fish..........perfect for small tanks..................................................the elusive DAMSEL

conogre

You know one nobody mentions and I often wonder why?
Locally we have sailfin mollies that get huge....a big male will run 4" and have a dosal fin as large as he is, and when they move they have small flashes of about any color you can think of.
5" females are common, and I've seen the occasional 6" specimen.....in other words, pretty daned big mollies.
PLUS they have live babies and eat hair algae.
Go figure.

adie

TRY MY TOMATO CLOWN. HE IS SO AGGRESSIVE THAT IM TRYING TO FIND HIM A GOOD HOME WITH FISH THAT COULD PROBABLY TEACH HIM A LESSON ON HOW TO BE A NICE FISH.
ADIE