Agressive+Corals?

W

wbsurfer101

Can you have a tank with lots of coral and agressive fish. I know you cannot have triggers or puffers, but can i have grouper and such. And if there are any species to watch out for could you gimmie a heads up?
Thank you

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by wbsurfer101
Can you have a tank with lots of coral and agressive fish. I know you cannot have triggers or puffers, but can i have grouper and such. And if there are any species to watch out for could you gimmie a heads up?
Thank you
just all he pickers wouldnt be sessile invert safe (triggers, wrasses, puffers) but evry1 else i think is ok (except for motile inverts) but keep in mind, no agg fish is 100% reef safe

nicetry

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
no
Please explain the answer rather than just saying no. What is the reasoning?

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by nicetry
Please explain the answer rather than just saying no. What is the reasoning?
becuz most eels will poke out of rocks, anenomes r lodged in rocks, what would happen if an eel popped out next to an anenome?

triga22

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
becuz most eels will poke out of rocks, anenomes r lodged in rocks, what would happen if an eel popped out next to an anenome?
Eel go bye bye? :hilarious

the same could be said for any angel fish. mine just goes through every hole it can find, but that doesnt mean it dumb enough to go head first in one. i though you had a real reason, not just speculation.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by floatingfish
the same could be said for any angel fish. mine just goes through every hole it can find, but that doesnt mean it dumb enough to go head first in one. i though you had a real reason, not just speculation.
that is a real reason, i have seen an eel kill itself by swimming directly into a carpet anenome

well a carpet has been know to take down alot of things. but i plan on just have a LTA and an eel. if i put the ell after i would think he could get used to his surroundings. i still have many months to plan and adapt.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by floatingfish
well a carpet has been know to take down alot of things. but i plan on just have a LTA and an eel. if i put the ell after i would think he could get used to his surroundings. i still have many months to plan and adapt.
put him in B4 u get the LTA

wanabebell

first off why do you ask questions when your not going to listen to an answer
there is a huge difference between an eel and an angel
angels have good eye sight eels dont
eels have large clumbsy bodies that can and most likly will rub against an anenome
angels are curious and go in and out of rock work but are free swimmers meaning they are almost always in mostion
eels will always hug the rocks because they feel more comfortable that way
lta live in and around rock crevises

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by wanabebell
first off why do you ask questions when your not going to listen to an answer
there is a huge difference between an eel and an angel
angels have good eye sight eels dont
eels have large clumbsy bodies that can and most likly will rub against an anenome
angels are curious and go in and out of rock work but are free swimmers meaning they are almost always in mostion
eels will always hug the rocks because they feel more comfortable that way
lta live in and around rock crevises
couldnt have said it bettr

jon321

My friend has had a snowflake eel in his 120g reef tank with two huge anemones that are about dinner plate size for a couple years now. Eels may be blind, but they can smell the anemone, not to mention they have alot of bulk and a thick slime coat. An anemone wont hurt any healthy, reasonably sized eel.
Jon

wanabebell

it depends where the anemome gets him
im just saying their is a possibiliy to get stung and their is a reason anenomes have sting cells in their skin

tx reef

I know someone on this board that has a nice, big BTA in his 180 gallon reef. He also has a huge banana eel.
I know someone else that has a large LTA in his 75 gallon reef along with an 18" snowflake eel.
Eel and anemone in the same tank....go for it. If you get a large carpet, you may have a problem, though the carpet would be dangerous to any fish in the tank also.