aiptasia anemone

sjgsm

I was wondering... i found my Gold Stripe Maroon picking at what i think is a baby aiptasia anemone,it is about half the size of a dime... I am not sure but i need a quick repsonse if anyone really believes it is an aiptasia anemone... because i wouldnt like it to stay in my reef tank ;) ... thank you

anonome

That does appear to be an aiptasia anenome, however, they are considered by many to be pests. They are hitchhikers. They multiple extremely fast. Not necessarily a good thing. :eek: I know someone that had one rock with them I believe 2, and before long, approximately 4-5 months the entire tank was covered with them. Be careful what you wish for. If I were you I would try to rid of it soon.
Good Luck.

rainbow aq

To me it apears to be a type of tulip anenome or some form of a hitchhiker....First off do not try to remove or inject wit kalkwasser it will spread more. If you ever recieve a problem with aptasia throw some pepermint shrimp in they will eat it right up!
Rainbow AQ, please stop advertsing

sheracr123

I would like to see a pic of the inside before I pass judgement, but it looks just like some of my brown polyps, and not aptasia. The "tentacles" are not long enough.

viper_930

Looks like a majano to me, but basically just the same deal as aptasias. You can get rid of it with the same methods as you would an aptasia.
Also, please refrain from posting the same question in more than 1 forum. Thx

bang guy

I think it's a Mojano, try using a plastic knife or wooden skewer to pry it off the rock. If you're gently it should come right off.