AK's 240gal build thread....

aquaknight

Sorry guys, nothing much new to report. My Dad's been sick (err we found out his blood pressure was through the roof), one of our dogs is sick, busy training the Butterflies to eat, it's spring break so my brother is home so we've been flying our r/c planes a ton, and it's finally cracked 70°F, so I've been out at the beach/creek as much as possible.
Stand is the same, just more crap on top
Got a pocket jig for the hinges for doors. I did do some work done on the refugium, braced the top and added the baffle. Will toss up a pic tomorrow.

aquaknight

New pics
. Progress, working on the doors, got them framed and hopefully tomm. will have the insert in. Unfortunately the sumps aren't working out like I thought. They don't fit like we want.
We built the center section larger specifically so we could easily get the sump/refugium in/out if need be. However with one tank in, just can't get the other in.... Instead if we just spaced the openings evenly, you could just stand the tanks vertically and slide then in, then rotate down. Huff.... Live and learn.
And I've been screwing around looking for a hole saw for the fuge drain... I keep telling myself we'll find one locally, but it never helps... Could have order a $10 one from bay of e, and it been here already.

And loving this. Even with a decently tall EV-240 in the sump, there's still tons of room.

R

rcreations

Looking great!!!! I wish I had all the sump space height. It's really nice to not have to worry about the height when you pick a skimmer.

hefner413

I hate when I can't fit something in the stand - especially a sump etc... They always look like they'll fit! and then they are juuust too big.

aquaknight

Tank is on the stand in the house!
For anyone that's not had the pleasure of lifting 300lbs of tank, 4 feet into the air, it was quite the experience.

I've heard of dogfish plenty of times, but not puppyfish?

I am hoping the cute puppy sleeping pics will make amends for the mermaid pic that I should have posted instead, but don't have.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3262854
LOL. that has got to be the cutest pic ever. That tank is looking more and more sweet everyday
Much appreciated! The sumps are about done for now, everything is plumbed except the GFO reactor (just a Three Little Fishes) that I will get done tomorrow, then I will get the rock out of the storage unit and into water.
I still need to build an outlet/power center. SoCal57, if you read this, it would be much appreciated if you could link your power center build.
Here's a fill status update, top of the tape is where the water line was. Approximate halfway on the display, so around noon Friday I should be able to turn on the return pump. Have to start mugging the tank for WC water for the other tanks though

saltn00b

nice project you got going there! can you do a detail of the sump / fuge and what is what is going on there.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3263517
Very nice. Love the stand.
What about putting a door on the end to get your sump out.

Thanks!
Unfortunately the stand design would prevent a side door. Each corner has two 2"x6"s, so the side has something like 11" of wood, making what would be the entryway for the door too skinny.

Originally Posted by saltn00b

http:///forum/post/3263553
nice project you got going there! can you do a detail of the sump / fuge and what is what is going on there.
Will have a vid up shortly

aquaknight

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3263576
ohhh sorry, Was just trying to help.

I know. You didn't take my response as sarcastic or anything? The 'Thanks!' was for you saying nice about the stand. I just posted the pic to help show. I'm more of a visual guy. Plus I think I've been huffing too much PVC glue anyways...

G

gtdarock

Looking good Aqua ! How are you gonna set up the rocks -? A few islands -? Stack them up against the back glass -? The plumbing looks great,very neat :)