All alone with the tank

mylady

Hubby leaves tomorrow for GA and won't be home until at least midnight Friday, which means I am in charge of the tank. He has already given me specific instructions about what to do, how he does it, times to feed, what to feed, how to feed, water top offs etc. So if you see any desperate SOS messages from me in the next few days please come to my rescue, though I don't think there will be any problems, I want to cover all bases. I think the fish can survive me for 3 days time. I mean, my children are still alive, as are the dogs and cats. Now if they were plants, we'd have a serious problem on our hands.

monsinour

I am sure you will do just fine dear. I am just a phone call away.
And I agree with the plant statement. I guess that is why we dont have any plants in the house. I still dont know how the rose bushes are still alive.

flower

LOL...Fear is when my back was out and my mother had to do everything. She came into my room with a measuring cup of water and put it in the seahorse tank sump to make the water come up to the line I have marked...so I ask her is that RO water? She says no, what's that? I say Mother, it's the small faucet you see me get water from all the time for the fish tank....

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/384068/all-alone-with-the-tank#post_3363386

LOL...Fear is when my back was out and my mother had to do everything. She came into my room with a measuring cup of water and put it in the seahorse tank sump to make the water come up to the line I have marked...so I ask her is that RO water? She says no, what's that? I say Mother, it's the small faucet you see me get water from all the time for the fish tank....
The wife is going to walmart now to get the RO water for top offs while I am gone. I have faith in her to not mess up.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/384068/all-alone-with-the-tank#post_3363388
The wife is going to walmart now to get the RO water for top offs while I am gone. I have faith in her to not mess up.

I told the story about my mom so she will feel confident. She isn't going to mess up, and she does have all of us to help out too. If your wife were as bad as my poor old mom...you might have cause to be concerned..and even so my critters survived her...The seahorse tank does have coral in it, but I'm not sure the seahorses if they had been in there would have. I'm glad I caught her after just 4 cups (the size of the measuring cup) tap water has chlorine in it.

mylady

Well, I don't know what I worried about. There is no way I can forget anything, not with my two kids. We dropped huppy off at the airport at 10:30. We came home and when the clock hit 11:00am both kids were yelling for me to feed the fish. I was vacuuming but had to stop because they were so insistent it HAD to be right then! LOL. Daddy sure has them trained. Then they both started to argue over who got to feed the fish, so I solved that by feeding them myself. My gosh, i think they were fed at 11:05 and my daughter was beside herself! She is very exact about times and when daddy says 11am she takes that very literally! I never did get back to vacuuming the stairs.

chain

Could be worse. My wife tells me to feed the fish all the time because they are hungry. I asked her how she knew they were hungry. She said because their little mouths keep opening and closing.
Was watching her one day outside when she went jogging. It started to rain and she would run fast then slow down, then run fast again and slow back down. She got up to the porch and I asked her what in the world she was doing .She said "When I run fast the rain comes down harder!"
Last week we got into a heated argument about whether or not cows had tails. She of course was argueing against the fact saying that they in fact had to no tail to speak of.
I have no clue how she managed to obtain her college degree.

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain http:///forum/thread/384068/all-alone-with-the-tank#post_3363655
Could be worse. My wife tells me to feed the fish all the time because they are hungry. I asked her how she knew they were hungry. She said because their little mouths keep opening and closing.
Was watching her one day outside when she went jogging. It started to rain and she would run fast then slow down, then run fast again and slow back down. She got up to the porch and I asked her what in the world she was doing .She said "When I run fast the rain comes down harder!"
Last week we got into a heated argument about whether or not cows had tails. She of course was argueing against the fact saying that they in fact had to no tail to speak of.
I have no clue how she managed to obtain her college degree.
Ummm........are you being serious?
edit: Show this to the kids dear:
As long as the fish are fed when the first number on the clock is 11, then thats ok. So any time from 11:00 to 11:59 is ok for the fish to be fed. Same goes at 8 o'clock at night kids. As long as the first number is 8, then its ok.