All time Favorite Bands

speg

I like Linkin Park because every single song is good.
I like the first three KoRn albums and like 3 songs on this new one... so those are like my two favorite all time.

devilboy

Originally Posted by socal57che
DevilBoy: Man how could I forget RUSH!!! they are the most intelligent band of all time!!!
did anyone else have 2112 on 8 track??
They are my all time favorite band, by a landslide. i have to thank my uncle for getting me listening to them and taking me to there concerts back when i was 12 years old...
as for the 8 track, no sorry i do have the CD tho... i have every single CD ever recorded by Rush.
Geddy Lee - just phenomenal, can play bass, play keyboards, and sing with that very unique voice. just amazing.
Alex Lifeson - tremendous talent, excellent guitar player.
Neil Peart - one word: WOW, i wish i could drum like him.
John Rutsey - Original drummer for Rush, dont know too much about him.

appaloosa1

Who loves Widespread Panic? I am mostly into the local Athens, GA stuff. So much excellent music! If you haven't heard them yet, check out The Drive By Truckers! Amazing southern rock!

ruaround

I went to a Widespread concert over the 4th of july weekend it was pretty good.. I not really a jam band fan, but I saw the Dead back in 93 at the Omni in Atlanta, GA, Phish in 94 and 95 here in Boise, and Widespread 05 in McCall, ID...

appaloosa1

I used to listen to all the jamband stuff, but not so much nowadays... I still love the music though. I just listen to a wider variety. I've only seen WSP twice, this last time they wree with Drive By Truckers- really awesome show.

mitzel

Originally Posted by Michelle L
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good catch, socal57che!!!!!! I didn't mean it that way, but it sure is funny now that you point it out......

So would that mean that socal57 is catching crap for this thread?

salty tank

you guys forgot alot. What about the rolling stones, pink floyd, bob marley, ccr, sublime, jimi hendrix, alice in chains, the doors. i can go on forever
I like listenin to marley while workin on my tank

darth tang

The stones, Doors, and floyd are not on my list. I can't stand them for some reason. Even though a lot of people I listen to took from them.

mitzel

Just a few off the top of my head Life of agony, machine head, fear factory, SLAYER, Black sabbath, pantera, coal chamber, devil driver, deftones ,slipknot, kill switch engadge, darkness falls, god smack, anthrax, Kmfdm, korn,Jhonny cash, bob segear, Beastie boys, Ludacris, Dr dre, snoop dog, Outkast,Mudvayne's first album,Kid Rock, Elton john, Sepultura, Soulfly,Nailbomb ,Brujihedia ,Cky, The reverand horton heat,
Personaly I'm not a big metalica fan. Just to much BS surounding that band to belive it the real deal anymore. I liked the first albums but for me justice was the turning point and it all went down hill. That was the album that they sold out with . before that it was about rock and roll . now its videos ,movies, law suits.

michelle l

"I liked the first albums but for me justice was the turning point and it all went down hill."
My sentiments exactly. After that album, I didn't want anything more to do with them. They became divas.
I mean, what was that last single, "Saint Anger" or whatever it was, all about?? Man did that SUCK!

ruaround

I would say the Black album was the turning point... there were a few songs that were pretty good on that album... maybe a song or two on load of crap and reload the crap and Saint Anger WAS HORRIBLE!!! they came through here on the St. Anger tour and the only song they played off of the album was St. Anger...it was two hours of old school Metallica...my neck hurt for days after that show...freakin headbangin and pit...

oceanists

oK NOW THAT IM NOT AT WORK AND HAVE SOME TIME
Killswitch Engage (alive or just breathing) cant stand the new singer , God Forbid , Not sure how i missed Manson (Great big white world) (the nobodies) , Chaimara , Elton John , Team Sleep (anything Chino) , Linkin Park is awesome live , Matchbox 20 (just saw Rob Thomas live gotta give him props) ........ The Eagles , Pink Floyd , MudVaYne (holy freakin crap how did I forget them maybe my alltime FAVORITE) Hatebreed , Glass Casket , Old Coal Chamber (be like Barry White baby I need a bucket of chicken up in this mother , this is the way its gotta be) , Old SevenDust , SouLFly , The Doobie Brothers , Joe Walsh , Otep , Opeth , Alice In Chains , STP , Nirvana isnt the best but Kurt did know how to write a song and is acctually the reason I picked up a guitar) ...... man I could go on and on .... Bob Marley (we know we all have burned one to one of his tunes before , cause We Jammin!) , Def Leppard , Guns n Roses before Axel started being a B**** (Nothing beats Civil War) , The Verve Pipe , Im gonna have to end with the Chili Pepps ......I know Ill think of more , thats just to name a few Oh and Pearl JAm well old Pearl Jam ........

ruaround

WOW... Chaimara, Otep, Coal Chamber, Soul Fly...They are awesome live when everyone that is on tour with them comes out and they do the drum session,dang thats tough...I have seen the 3 times!!! how about hed PE...
everyone has such eclectic tastes...I am relly suprised noone has gone off on a country band tangent, personally not my taste, but there are a few artsists that are alright...except Keny Chesney and Toby Keith...they could well cant say it

my way

No DK fans? The best punk band ever! And to the Floyd fans, Gilmour is releasing a new album in March followed up with a tour, it's not Pink Floyd but as close as we'll get for now.

mitzel

HED (pe) is awsome live . I really can't belive I forgot to mention HATEBREED. On of if not the best

[hr]
bands of all time. SNOT , WE saw them with soul fly and LYNN came out and joined in on BLEED. It was the best , even better then if durst would have done it.
Oh yea play some SKYNARD.
I can handle some old skool country , But this new crap . AKKKKKKK its a rock band that wears cowboy hats, boots and claims to be country boy's.
I don't care who you are if you cant sing along with devil went down to gerogia you should be shot .

ruaround

Originally Posted by mitzel
Oh yea play some SKYNARD.
I can handle some old skool country , But this new crap . AKKKKKKK its a rock band that wears cowboy hats, boots and claims to be country boy's.
I don't care who you are if you cant sing along with devil went down to gerogia you should be shot .
couldn't have said it better myself, but would like to add if you can't sing atleast the chorus of sweet home alabama...