All time Favorite Bands

fwildthing

gonna take you all back in the wayback machine... john fogerty and credence clearwater revival...
And I love KoRn and have a very big spot in my hear for Stevie Ray Vaughn....Jimi was a GOD.
today's music would be nothing without the true pioneers of rock. david gilmour of Pink Floyd, Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin.
I like Arch Enemy and Evanescence.... how more diverse can you be?
BTW, i think Bach was a genius and chopin was ahead of his time........
let's talk music!!!!

fwildthing

but i have to admit..... beyond Albert King and howling dog and muddy waters and all the blues players ther ever were.... I would have to say ( I apologize to Lemmy cause I partied my ass pff with Motorhead when they did their US tour a year ago at the house of blues in chicago....I still can't see how he drinks so much) I would pick Pantera as my favorite band. Rest in peace Dimebag..... you are a god now for sure.

J

jdragunas

hmmm... all time fav. must be the eagles.
i also love the beatles, white stripes, AFI, children of bodom, korn, evanescence, and a whole lot of country! Alan Jackson, Keith urban (he's so dreamy!!!), Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, of course johnny cash, and a whole lot more i don't feel like taking the time to name... i also like classical music; bethoven, bach, mozart, etc...
i have a pretty diverse taste in music...

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by socal57che
Queen......No other voice like Freddie Mercury.....man could he hit some notes!!!
even metallica covered them
Police,
White Stripes ....Jack is a musical genius
the Beatles, who had as many songs in the charts as they did??

as a musician, i have to state that the Beatles are perhaps the most over-rated band of all time.

rberhow

Anyone want to trade some songs or just want some free ones?? My man has almost 7000 songs for his ipod and tons from almost every band or artist mentioned here. If anyone wants some I am more than willing to share.

fwildthing

Originally Posted by rberhow
Anyone want to trade some songs or just want some free ones?? My man has almost 7000 songs for his ipod and tons from almost every band or artist mentioned here. If anyone wants some I am more than willing to share.
sounds like there's nothing left to share! 7000 songs?????
wow.... I would love to get rick derringer, dr john, budgie, joe cocker, symphony x, johnny winter, queensryche..... I have three hundred cd's and I still don't have enough! pantera I have.....arch enemy, lacuna coil, korn, shadows fall, alexi laiho...

michelle l

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
as a musician, i have to state that the Beatles are perhaps the most over-rated band of all time.
I couldn't have said it better myself. No offense to Beatles fans, but I've never understood the hoopla surrounding them.

oceanists

how about Bo Diddly " Elvis may be King , but Diddly is Daddy" - Tom Petty
Glenn Danzig
*gulp* Michael Jackson
Madonna (thank her for the deftones)
Harry Chapin (The Cats in the cradle and the silver spoon little boy blue and the man on the moon , when ya comin home son i dont know when but well be together then , we will have a good time then)
and one of the greratest composers of all time Bernie Taupin
Oh and one country artist i l do like is Clint Black song like Lovers Clown and Spend my time are just so well written ......... I suggest that everybody pulls up Rhapsody or whatever you use and listen to Lovers clown by Clint Black .... just a well written great song

swlover

I guess Motown is showing my age...Diana Ross and the supremes, The Temps, The 4 tops, Smokey? Then there's The disco era...Temps., Diana Ross, Hot Chocolate, Rose Royce, Lipps Inc, Earth wind and fire. Donna Summer. He he! I really like to listen to Disco when I'm cleaning!
I like Third Eye Blind, The wallflowers, and all the 80's bands! How about YES-any Yes fans out there? Ozzy, green day, goo goo's, Some rap I can Tolerate, I can even listen to country. I like all types of music really!

rberhow

Originally Posted by fwildthing
sounds like there's nothing left to share! 7000 songs?????
wow.... I would love to get rick derringer, dr john, budgie, joe cocker, symphony x, johnny winter, queensryche..... I have three hundred cd's and I still don't have enough! pantera I have.....arch enemy, lacuna coil, korn, shadows fall, alexi laiho...
Why don't you shoot me an email and I can let you know what he has and send you some.
berhows@drtel.net

salty tank

Man i HATE CREED!
fugazi, bone thugs, eazy-e, butthole surfers, johnny cash, willie nelson, the cars, the police, the band, steve miller band, morphine.....................i can go one forever
By the way anyone here listen to morphine? They are an amazing band