am i over stocked?

zdthompson

all that is in the "shark" tank it 2 lions and a eel. i have seen many people on this board who have the same set up as i do.

lil' tanker

Originally Posted by zdthompson
I have a 48 gallon.
1 - looks like a cross between a lunare and kluzinger wrasse ( not sure what the lfs said it was
1- yellow tang
1 powder blue tang
2- srg majors
1 - bluefin
2 -blue damsels
2- lemon belly damsels
5 - turbo smails
2- blue leg herm.
2 - baby queen chonche (sp?)
WAY OVER CROWDED man!

ophiura

all that is in the "shark" tank it 2 lions and a eel. i have seen many people on this board who have the same set up as i do.

That would be fine, however "aggressive tanks" typically contain triggers, large angels and puffers, which I would NOT combine with sharks.

lesleybird

I guess you are just waisting our time. If you want to throw away your money and kill fish we cannot stop you but don't ask for our advice if you are still going to do it your stupid way anyway..............

ice4ice

I applaud Ophiura with her response. Well put !!

Even though I have not gotten a SW tank running yet but I have been doing tons and tons and tons of reading and research in SW keeping. My goal is to have one up and running within 2 or 3 years. With experienced aquarists here at SWF.com. I would definitley look to Ophiura, Sepulatian, and others for help or problems I may have.

b bauer

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
I applaud Ophiura with her response. Well put !!

Even though I have not gotten a SW tank running yet but I have been doing tons and tons and tons of reading and research in SW keeping. My goal is to have one up and running within 2 or 3 years. With experienced aquarists here at SWF.com. I would definitley look to Ophiura, Sepulatian, and others for help or problems I may have.
2 or 3 years now that is patience you will have a killer tank

tangwhispr

im not taking any of them back if any thing i will feed the damsels to my eel and lion. i got all 80 pounds of live rock in there with my coral and annom. with all fish and amazingly the fish are happy as can be they are swimming around like crazy

So if a fish is swimming it is "happy as can be?" Like others have said, if you're not going to listen to advice then don't ask. Its too bad that your fish have to suffer.
On a side note, wouldn't it be great to make these people live in a 10x10 room with 6 other people...then just maybe they would understand.

zdthompson

OK keep in mind they are FISH! FISH not dogs not cats not people but fish honestly ask your self this. if your dog died would you cry or feel really bad and wallow a little bit? good chances you would. now would you do the same for a fish? prob a good % of people would say no. goldfish and im sure others have a 10 second memory.
another update i have noticed 10 new shrooms that have sprung up and a brand new crab ( idea where is came from)
i guess you have not visited marshalltown iowa 10 people living in one apartment is verry common.

Originally Posted by NRR15
Before you take them back post a pic I wanna see what a New York city style tank looks like.
Haha, that's funny

I will be big enough to admit, that I have made this mistake before. And yes, I have learned, and ophuria is right. I am sure that this guy will learn too. A little too late for the fish unfortunately, but he will learn.

ophiura

I see no further point to this thread. The question was not genuine, it would appear, so there is no further point in commenting or inevitably, bashing.
Closed.