anemone inflating issues

spkdtch

my anemone is all droopy, is it dying?!?!!?
joking...
while doing a water change yesterday, i didnt notice my condi and i poured the water in too fast and he went for a little ride
didnt get to banged up, but all day it has been having problems inflating, the foot looks over inflated and ready to burst, some tentacles are super inflated and others arent inflated at all and some look like the long party baloons half inflated, super puffed up towards the bottom and completely empty at the tips where its green
any ideas? its still alive, but just cant seem to figure out where to direct the water to in its body

spkdtch

pictures were taken within 2 minutes of eachother, you can see how the foot inflated quickly and it tipped over, it rocks back and forth like that continuously and if you look close, you can see the uninflated tips

spkdtch

this morning it was completely deflated and when the lights came on, it inflatted its foot very large again and tipped over onto its head again
everytime i flip it, it flips back onto its head again, so im leaving it but i dont understand why its acting this weird or what i should do

meowzer

Originally Posted by spkdtch
http:///forum/post/2997441
this morning it was completely deflated and when the lights came on, it inflatted its foot very large again and tipped over onto its head again
everytime i flip it, it flips back onto its head again, so im leaving it but i dont understand why its acting this weird or what i should do
You should leave it alone...The more you mess with it the more you are stressing it....sorry to say, but if it is going to die then it is going to die....Let it go where it wants to go...

spkdtch

i only flipped it once, but i agree, it just doesnt seem like its dying though, just acting very strange, it still inflates in the morning like usual, just seems disoriented

1journeyman

A healthy anemone should not have been knocked lose from the rocks when you poured water into the tank.
What are your water parameters? What kind of lighting? How old is tank? How long have you had anemone?

spkdtch

it was in the sand, not on rocks, ammonia-0, nitrite-0, cant test nitrates, ph in that take is 8.2, salinity is 1.023 tank is 6months old, had the anemone 2 weeks i believe, flourescent lighting, 160watts, 40gal tank
its looking shrivveled up now but still wiggling its tentacles, probably will be dead by tomorrow, poor guy, i feel bad, should have looked more closely