Anemone Suggestions

dinhouse

I have a 120. My lighting is 4 110 watt Vho and a 175 mh.
I have a pair of Black & White clowns Is there an Anemone that will work in my tank that will host the clowns as well?

dinhouse

Thank you Indy I was beginning to feel like a redheaded step child! I mean I know I haven't posted in a long long time but man no reason for you all to treat me like that! LOL

meowzer

Originally Posted by DINHOUSE
http:///forum/post/3032923
Thank you Indy I was beginning to feel like a redheaded step child! I mean I know I haven't posted in a long long time but man no reason for you all to treat me like that! LOL
LOL...I have a bta...my clowns haven't gone near it...some clowns seem to tkae right to them, others seem to take a long time...sometimes a year

I have heard bta's arethe best...sebae I think the next

pezenfuego

Ever try putting pictures up to the side of the tank? People have reported success with putting pictures of big scary fish on their tank walls and with putting pictures of other clowns hosting anemones on their tank walls.
Could be worth a try...

rod buehle

there are 3 natural hosts for ocellaris clowns. Unfortunately 2 of them are very difficult to keep (or get a good one), and the 3rd is rarely imported (gets huge). Those anemones are
H.magnifica. (difficult)
S.gigantea (difficult)
S. mertensi (rare)
Having said that, clowns dont need their "natural host" I have paired many clowns with un-natural hosts.
I think the most striking pair (trio) is some black ocellaris in a really nice rose anemone (AKA RBTA) AKA E.quadricolor

dinhouse

Anyone have pics of the anemones that have been suggested? Stories of ease or difficulty? I would love to learn from others mistakes/successes!

indy2009

Originally Posted by DINHOUSE
http:///forum/post/3037021
Anyone have pics of the anemones that have been suggested? Stories of ease or difficulty? I would love to learn from others mistakes/successes!
Just got this LTA yesterday my clowns were checking it out most of the day. very easy to care for.