anemone with purple tips sucked into filter

chirpy

after I destroyed it with chopstick, trying to get it out of the intake ...

I destroyed it , all shredded....

but i found the base of the anemone floating inside the fluval canister filter

the base is back to the main aquarium, and it survived. I saw it sticking to rocks, and it inflates itself like a baloon

there is only one tiny tentacle with purple tip left

do you think it will regrow with time?

anyone knows if anemone regenerate itself ?

THanks,
Sabina

chirpy

why remove it? it is alive!

why large water change? I never do water change in my tank. I only replenish due to evaporation. I don't believe in doing water changes, if it not kill my
fish , why change?

florida joe

after I destroyed it with chopstick, trying to get it out of the intake ...

I destroyed it , all shredded....

but i found the base of the anemone floating inside the fluval canister filter

the base is back to the main aquarium, and it survived. I saw it sticking to rocks, and it inflates itself like a baloon

there is only one tiny tentacle with purple tip left

do you think it will regrow with time?

anyone knows if anemone regenerate itself ?

THanks,
Sabina
you say you destroyed it and its all shredded. this can and will lead to released toxins in your thank. But its your tank i am just telling you what i would do. BTW how big is your tank

2quills

I've never seen or heard of one surviving after an episode like that. They have toxins that are poisonous if you didn't already know and those toxins can polute the tank if they haven't already.

How do you deal with the build up of heavy metal concentrations in the system that get introduced via feeding if you never do water changes? That typically equates to shorter lifespans and health issues in fish down the road.

chirpy

you say you destroyed it and its all shredded. this can and will lead to released toxins in your thank. But its your tank i am just telling you what i would do. BTW how big is your tank

I didn't know they are poisonous. Sorry and thanks.

well lucky me, it has been one month that it happened, and all my 5 fishes are same as before: figure8 puffer, foxface, maroon clown, spotted hawkfish, and 6 line wrasse, 3 giant arrow crab, sea cucumber, serpent star , sand sifter starfish

chirpy

I've never seen or heard of one surviving after an episode like that. They have toxins that are poisonous if you didn't already know and those toxins can polute the tank if they haven't already.

How do you deal with the build up of heavy metal concentrations in the system that get introduced via feeding if you never do water changes? That typically equates to shorter lifespans and health issues in fish down the road.
I have fluval canister 306 filter, and I only feed once a day of tiny pellets amount to one finger nail size spoon.

I only keep salinity 1.024, proper ph, proper temperature.

the shop said all non fish species eat detritus in the tank, so I don't need feed them.

jay0705

Never listen to "most fish store personnel " there out to sell you things and thats it. Now your live stock is hardy fish, but still fish that will require a decent size tank.75 and up. I hope they told u your nem wouldn't eat pellets. While mostly sustained by high quality lighting it still needs meaty food now and then. Prob too late now, but for future reference

chirpy

Never listen to "most fish store personnel " there out to sell you things and thats it. Now your live stock is hardy fish, but still fish that will require a decent size tank.75 and up. I hope they told u your nem wouldn't eat pellets. While mostly sustained by high quality lighting it still needs meaty food now and then. Prob too late now, but for future reference
Oh i see, makes sense.

I also don't have light. I only have the regular sunlight , aquarium is in the sunroom, gets plenty of sun all day long.
but also more algae scrapping

imagine in the ocean , there anemones, ....is there a hand of God putting a piece of meat into the anemones? NO...that is nature, I believe that if they are
hungry, they will move around the aquarium and eat whatever they can get. No?

jay0705

Oh you poor girl. I mean this nicely, No!!!!!!!
Your tank is a drop in an ocean. Fish dont need light that is true. Nems however need such intense lighting it can burn sensitive corals. Yes they will move to find food, flow, and light. In your tank food is your fish if you dont feed it. A true nem tank has enough power heads in it that the nem is always "pulsing " lighting that is strong enough to tan under, and water quality you would drink if it was fw

2quills

I feel that way about 90% of any new threads around here.

You've never seen bad trolling though until you've visited a video game forum lol.