anemone with purple tips sucked into filter

2quills

We have some great SW fishing here on the coast in South TX.

Grew up and did a fair bit of salmon, walleye and musky fishing on Lake Huron though in north eastern MI.

Otherwise yeah, just bass and catfish down here.

2quills

Dont u guys have those gator gar too?
Yeah they definitely have them down here in the rivers and the lakes. But they don't seem terribly popular to fish for. I've never really heard anyone say anything positive about the meat.

Personally, Id just assume to head out a mile or two in either direction from my house and be near the wind and the waves. Everything else is just dry land and no scenery.

jay0705

I can see how that would get old fast. People bitch about our winters but outdoor opportunities are plentiful

chirpy

i will post some pictures this weekend to what I described.

I have been keeping aquariums more than 20 years (15 in tanganykan cichlids, 4 in salt water), I don't follow the rigorous water changing ,
but my aquarium still looks very clean and beautiful.

I think you crowd are old farts, that do not accept anything outside of the norm . Maybe you should interview incoming members, so then you guys will be
a close knit bunch with the same thinking.

I bet 100% that you guys voted for hillary :) since anything that is not normal, you think is trolling

florida joe

well as for being an old fart. Guilty as charged.Not following rigorous water changes is not the same as NEVER DOING water changes and as far as being in the hobby for more then 20 years i am sure you understand the need to research what you are putting in your tank before you do it. That would have given you the info on what to do if an emergency arose. BTW i voted for Trump

chirpy

well as for being an old fart. Guilty as charged.Not following rigorous water changes is not the same as NEVER DOING water changes and as far as being in the hobby for more then 20 years i am sure you understand the need to research what you are putting in your tank before you do it. That would have given you the info on what to do if an emergency arose. BTW i voted for Trump
so you haven't skip your water change regime during a time you were out of town vacation or extended trip? or you are always at home?
or you have skipped, and found out all your fish died?

I do my own research, and I experiment with what works for me. If I know everything that can happen in an emergency, then what is the use for your forum?

geez, cannot even ask things in here, before some old fart start calling trolling

jay0705

Trump aswell. Asking for advice is one thing. Claiming to have 20 yrs experience and think sun light is sufficient for a sw tank is asinine. A troll is a person who looks to start trouble with stupid topics/suggestions. You dont dwell under a bridge by chance??

deejeff0442

I have gone 6 months without a water change. I notice everything looks better with changes . what gets me is no light but sunlight? how.can there be no algae? I had an anemone get stuck in a powerhead years ago. by the time I found it the tank was white and half the fish were dead and that was a 150 gallon.

florida joe

so you haven't skip your water change regime during a time you were out of town vacation or extended trip? or you are always at home?
or you have skipped, and found out all your fish died?

I do my own research, and I experiment with what works for me. If I know everything that can happen in an emergency, then what is the use for your forum?

geez, cannot even ask things in here, before some old fart start calling trolling
skipped one yes never done one NO. you don't need to know everything about treating every emergence BUT you should know how to treat an emergence pertaining to something you are introducing into your tank

chirpy

I have gone 6 months without a water change. I notice everything looks better with changes . what gets me is no light but sunlight? how.can there be no algae? I had an anemone get stuck in a powerhead years ago. by the time I found it the tank was white and half the fish were dead and that was a 150 gallon.
I never implied no algae in my tank.
I also never implied that I keep corals.
Just keeping live rock and fish, it is not required to spend money on special light.

chirpy

Trump aswell. Asking for advice is one thing. Claiming to have 20 yrs experience and think sun light is sufficient for a sw tank is asinine. A troll is a person who looks to start trouble with stupid topics/suggestions. You dont dwell under a bridge by chance??
so I think you definitely voted for Hillary! am I right?

2quills

Anyone who isn't a troll would already know that old farts like Joe, Jay and Jeff would never vote for a snake like Hillary. Only the young, misinformed or people dependent on a government check would do such a thing.

Troll confirmed.

BTW, I thought this thread was about fishing. WTH happened here?

chirpy

Anyone who isn't a troll would already know that old farts like Joe, Jay and Jeff would never vote for a snake like Hillary. Only the young, misinformed or people dependent on a government check would do such a thing.

Troll confirmed.

if you think 90% of new threads are a joke, then you are the biggest joker around.

jay0705

Troll confirmed.

Lol fish away

one-fish

Troll confirmed.

Caught a nice red drum this year 45 in 45 lbs got one out a massive swarm never seen that many fish all schooled up Awesome..........wish i got pics thats a once in a life time

2quills

Caught a nice red drum this year 45 in 45 lbs got one out a massive swarm never seen that many fish all schooled up Awesome..........wish i got pics thats a once in a life time

Reds are probably the most popular catch down here.

A couple of summers ago I went out with some friends one of which has his own little charter business. We all bagged our limit. But I caught one that I still say was 37 -7/8" inches.

There was a game warden at the doc checking catches as folks were coming in. Reds 38" or larger need to be tagged.

When the warden laid the fish out to measure it on her little wooden measuring device it didn't even cross the line. She had to smoosh it and flatten it out to get it to hit the line.

Yeah that was a $350 catch right there.

I had a tag for a over sized red but i didn't have it on that darn fish. So she took the tag I had and put it on the fish to SHOW ME how to do it. The fish flopped and threw the tag off not 30 seconds later lol.