Anemone

mryoung7

i got my bta from here and it's doing great after 9 months. it was in fantastic condition upon arrival. :joy:

ntank20

Did you get the rbta or the regular bta. And do you have any pics of it. I would really like to see. Thanks for the info.

ntank20

Anybody else have any pics or anything to say about bubble tips that hasn't already been said. Just wondering.

rustyj

Originally Posted by Thomas712
I've fed them and starved them, doesn't matter. As long as they get enough light then the zooxanthellae will feed from within. Remember guys just how much food they might get or not in the wild. They also will eat the excrement of the clown fish and anything that the clowns are clumsy enough to give them.
Thomas

The clowns are not clumsy, they will actually take food to the anenome that they themselves cannot eat. I have had my Clarkii take a piece of clam to its host more than once.

mryoung7

Originally Posted by Reef Diver
I got that info from the vets website. I cant ink it.
you're right, it does say that. i wonder why.

dogstar

Do you mean the 2 vets ?
"...this may be due to insufficient light or the need for food....." Notice the word " may "
As I said, I dont think anyone can say they know why for sure....If this was true then mine should have died years ago....When an anemone is not hungry, it will release or regurgitate undigested food. I have fed mine to this point befor and it has never bubbled its tips afterwards.....
Just talking from experiance.... I would sugest that even though a BTA has bubbled tips to still feed it....

ntank20

thanks for all the info and the pics. Now all i have to do is get my lights and i will be set. Talk to u all soon. And again thanks.

ntank20

Well I bought my lighting this weekend. I got a great deal. I was dissapointed when i got it home and it wouldn't fit under my canopy but after reading the directions i wasn't suppost to put it under a canopy anyway. Now i think i am going to make a shelf out of my canopy to hold the fish food and stuff like that. The light makes my tank look so much better. Before it was dark with no lights, now I can see everything. WOW, it's supprising how much of a difference it makes. My damsels are more happy now. Well thanks again for all the advice and pics.

L

lbaskball

IS there such thing as having too much light for anemones? Like for example....14watts per gallon of light?

dogstar

IMO, if an anemone is not used to that much light then it should be slowly acclimated to it the light but should be OK afterwards...it may move out of the light and acclimate itself also...