Anemone

dar321

Hello everyone I am new here and was wondering if anyone out there could help me. I have a 30 gallon reef tank which has been running with no problems for about a year and 2 months now. I have 2 green bubble tip anemones that I have had for 8 months and they were doing fine, however this week I noticed that I couldn't get them to eat and that they pretty much stay all small and shriveled, also the water keeps going a milky color. I have been doing large water changes every 3 or 4 days which clears the water for only a day or 2. I'm afraid my anemones are going to die what can I do to save them? and what is causing this? Everything else in the tank seems happy and healthy.
Thanks, Darlene

sharkbait09

hi i am also new here and im sorry to say this but i just recently lost my rose bubble with the exact symptoms
but mine had those symptoms then started to split and then for some reason it didnt complete the split and rehealed it self back together then died
i hope someone more experinced could help us out hope youres turns out ok

dar321

Thanks for your reply:
I have Flourescent Lights I believe they are 160 watts.
pH: 8.2
Nitrates: 21 ppm
Salinity 1.024
Temperature: 79
Alkalinity 3.0
calcium: 425ppm

meowzer

What about ammonia, nitrites or phosphates?
Most anemones do not do well long term with pc lighting...that could be your issue