anemones

nanocuber7

i would like to put an anemone in my tank but my local supplier says thats its not a good idea and that it will sting my brain coral and star polyps is there any kindof of anemone that will be good and host a clownfish?

rbaby

Wouldn't recommend it for a novice...especially for a 12 gallon but no one ever listens anyway. Just make sure you do your homework...

lefty

Your LFS was right. An anemone will sting whatever comes in contact with its stinging cells. If the anemone doesn't have space to itself, or it decides to migrate across the aquarium near the other inhabitants, they may get stung. :)
-lefty

rbaby

Yes! Someone who's willing to listen about other clown hosting opportunities :)...
My clown hosts a powerhead...so he's not much to say. But I did buy a hammer coral for him...but he doesn't give it the time of day.
I have friends who have clowns that host hairy mushrooms, frogspawns, hammer corals, even large yumas. It's really up to the clown really, some clowns don't host at all but keep in mind that a clown can be PERFECTLY HAPPY without a host.

~sc~emt~

a flowering anemone would be fine, I have never known of them to move, I have one in my reef tank. Clowns will not take host to it though.

T

tuningvis

the reason i said .. errr or asked was because i've seen a few pics on this site that have been hosted

nanocuber7

which one is better for hosting clownfish and would they accept a coral better if i bought a pair instead of just 1?
also ive been do some research and i was wondering if a florida condi anemone would be ok for my 12g and would that host a clownfish?:confused:

greatfullreefer

IMO i would not put one in such a small tank, they are very delicate creatures requiring both pristine water conditions and powerfull lighting (at least 6 - 10 watts per gallon)

nanocuber7

i guess il get a torch coral but i still dont know if clow fish would take to host better if i bought a pair rather than just one