Anenome bleeched

steelgluer

Ok my freind had a bubble tip it split into 2. then it went into hiding both came out bleeched I told him to feed them small pieces of food he did every other day cause it was taking it. Now 4 months later he has 10 anenomes and they are all bleeched. His water is perfect checked it with multiple test kits. He has 1 fish in the tank its a marron clown its a 75g. His lighting is 4 54 watt t5s. He is ready to get rid of them i mean by toilet but I wont let that happen ill take them and put them in my 30 gallon before that happens. What else should I tell him to do. Thanks

meowzer

OMG Don't let him flush them!!!!! It sounds like he is not willing to do what the anemone may need, so I would take tem...temporarily, 30 gallons can't handle 10, and find someone who really wants them.

lmecher

My first guess would be a lighting issue, too weak. Mewozer had a good idea, suggest they give them to someone who is willing to care for them properly.

steelgluer

it is a 75 gallon Giesemann bulbs 2 months old I know there 2 months cause he got them when I replaced mine. They where around 8 months when he replaced them. 2 10k 2 actinic Aquactinics T5 Reflectors. Water params are fine. As said before checked with different kits.

nw2salt08

Possibly overfeeding?? That can stress an anemone. They'll take food even when they don't need to be fed sometimes.

steelgluer

Originally Posted by Nw2Salt08
http:///forum/post/2912066
Possibly overfeeding?? That can stress an anemone. They'll take food even when they don't need to be fed sometimes.
Over feeding will cause the split. But not to sure it will cause the bleeching though. Im goinng to stick to my idea after the first one split and then when into hiding it was lack of food/light.

6mmmedic

Steelgluer...is the you tube video your tank? It's beautiful! I noticed you have a tomato and a black percula. Do you have any trouble with them getting along?

invertcrazy

SteelGluer, I'd hate to see him flush them if he's getting frustrated with them. If he wants to get rid of a couple, let me know. I'm not too far from you(Scranton/WilkesBarrearea). Let me know. I've got a 55 that i'm switching over to a reef in a couple of months but i have a 30 w/ 2 clowns and some coral.