R

regina13

well, depends on what the angel looks like

(no more than 100 each for juvi)

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by regina13
well, depends on what the angel looks like

(no more than 100 each for juvi)
I plan on doing a 180 or so at the end of the year, I would really like to have an Emperor and a French, Campbell said that combo worked for him. Koran is a hardy, beautiful Angel for a great price. I like Annularis as well.

R

regina13

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
I plan on doing a 180 or so at the end of the year, I would really like to have an Emperor and a French, Campbell said that combo worked for him. Koran is a hardy, beautiful Angel for a great price. I like Annularis as well.
I really want an Emperor they are so beautiful!!!!! I like the Koran for the price, not a bad looking fish....
I really like blueface angels what about one of those???
I really like campbells advice and I love his tank also!
I was just looking on this site and found a queen angel... what are those like?

kjr_trig

I really want an Emperor they are so beautiful!!!!! I like the Koran for the price, not a bad looking fish....
I really like blueface angels what about one of those???
I really like campbells advice and I love his tank also!
I was just looking on this site and found a queen angel... what are those like?
Blueface is great if you can find one under $100. I tend to think Queen's are a little fragile, I had a juvi in a 135, he was the most sickly fish I have ever had before dieing after about 4 months. Before the "Angel police" get on me, he was about a 3 inch juvi and it was a 6 foot tank...not the reason he died.

ccampbell57

What are the two best angels to put together in a tank.

Hey guys...I just saw this and needed to pipe in. As far as what two angels work best together it really doesnt matter. I had a french in with my Emperor and my Blueface, but am pretty sure that I could have others. It really depends on what you like and what you are willing to spend. You could go with a Koran (cheap) all the way to a Clarion (ask angel about those suckers $5K
).
If I were you, I would get my tank up and running for a while during which the fish are in QT. Pick out 2-3 that you like. If you need suggestions, ask, all of us angel freaks will tell you what we like best (me my favorite is my emperor by far).
In fact!!! I just got a queen angel that will be arriving on Monday!!! I will be taking my own advise and moving the rock around to ensure that the enperor and blueface feel a little out of place. Kinda pull the wool over their eyes.

It should be easier as I will be putting in a Clown trigger with them too.

spector101

i have always been told not to put two because they will fight but if you put three they will be fine. Anyways if i picked two it would be a purple tang and a Achilles tang and maybe a Chevron maybe i've seen some really ugly chevrons

R

regina13

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Hey guys...I just saw this and needed to pipe in. As far as what two angels work best together it really doesnt matter. I had a french in with my Emperor and my Blueface, but am pretty sure that I could have others. It really depends on what you like and what you are willing to spend. You could go with a Koran (cheap) all the way to a Clarion (ask angel about those suckers $5K
).
If I were you, I would get my tank up and running for a while during which the fish are in QT. Pick out 2-3 that you like. If you need suggestions, ask, all of us angel freaks will tell you what we like best (me my favorite is my emperor by far).
In fact!!! I just got a queen angel that will be arriving on Monday!!! I will be taking my own advise and moving the rock around to ensure that the enperor and blueface feel a little out of place. Kinda pull the wool over their eyes.

It should be easier as I will be putting in a Clown trigger with them too.

I really like your rock as it is!!!!!! I hope mine looks half that good when I do it.
but back to angels..... Emperor is my favorite and then prob. a blueface or queen.( at the moment )
I would really like to see what everyone elses favorite is.
ok everyone what is your favorite angel????

angelman

ok everyone what is your favorite angel????
All of them.
Not one I don't love.
They are like puppies.

I would go with a lemon head angel for 20 dollars. See if you like them before getting 2 expensive angels. Angels are nice to look at but a very boring fish if you ask me.
I have a emperor angel I got a few months ago, but is turning yellow now.
They tend to eat slow and swim a little slow, and of all things eats a few pellets or flakes or 1/8 cube, while the food riots away and then a hour later gets all hungry again.

If you do get a angel feed them vitamins with whatever food you give.
I would go with a trigger much more personality and fun. I am almost ready to move to a all trigger tank.
current stock
Niger trigger (peaceful)
H. butterfly (extremly aggresive)
Emperor angel (king of the tank)
Luner wrasse (doesn't bother anyone)
Maroon gold clown (in the corner digging sand)
few small fishes

R

regina13

Originally Posted by 3stripedamsel
I would go with a lemon head angel for 20 dollars. See if you like them before getting 2 expensive angels. Angels are nice to look at but a very boring fish if you ask me.
They tend to eat slow and swim a little slow, and of all things eats a few pellets or flakes or 1/8 cube, while the food riots away and then a hour later gets all hungry again.

I would go with a trigger much more personality and fun. I am almost ready to move to a all trigger tank.
current stock
Niger trigger (peaceful)
few small fishes

I know that angels are slow moving and slow eaters as well but that is kinda what I want... They are going to be like the show fish of the tank.
I don't want to but a cheap angel just to see if I like them b/c I don't believe in taking back fish just to get one you want more.
I do plan on having a peaceful trigger if I can.

sk8shorty01

So what size tank do you need in order to house 2 of the large angels (maybe emperor and queen). Just wondering because I just set up a 220 a week ago and was just wondering how big of a tank it takes to do this.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by sk8shorty01
So what size tank do you need in order to house 2 of the large angels (maybe emperor and queen). Just wondering because I just set up a 220 a week ago and was just wondering how big of a tank it takes to do this.
Your 220 will be fine for this. Introduce them at the same time.

angelman

Originally Posted by 3stripedamsel

current stock
Niger trigger (peaceful)
few small fishes
Have you seen the video I posted of my tank?
I dont find them to be slow eaters at all.
They rip anything I put in there.
Check out how fast they eat here.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/287196/new-to-forum-my-225-gallon-tank/40
By turning yellow, are you referring to a juvi changing to adult? That is an awesome stage. I truly enjoyed seeing one from juvi to full adult. Cool if you can pull it off.
Food rots away? Your fish must have an eating problem or something with the food or feeding too much.
I have 8 angels (6 large) and assure you no food goes to waste.
Boring? They are so cool. You don't see tangs swimming sideways trying to squeeze through tight openings. A couple of mine love to be scratched. They are clowns flipping themselves around in through the rocks. They have personality.
As far as vitamins, I have had many of these fish for close to 10 yrs (one of them that long - the Emperor). Don't give vitamins. Just feed Spectrum which they take to within seconds of first feeding. Many in this hobby confuse a varied diet, vitamins etc as cause of health issues. More important to me is good water quality. Give them a good quality food and keep their water quality max and they do just fine. Mine eat Spectrum, with occasional shrimp when I feed the eel. I have to do that so they can leave the eel alone. Other than that, they have no clue what other foods are.