Another 10g Diary.

curry

Awesome news!!! x2!!!
The first bit of news I am getting engaged, and no not to a blue legged hermit crab!!!!!
Part 2 of the awesome news... I found another local seller of saltwater stuff... he has jaw dropping prices on inverts, corals and fish!! I met him through a friend who used to deal with him when he had his tank.
I spoke to him earlier today and then went to see his stock... Everything is clean, neat and most importantly healthy. He's local to me and extremely helpful (you guys are too!)
SO what does this mean? Good and bad.
The good news... my tank will be up and running much sooner than expected.

The bad news... not sure how soon, due to engagement planning and what not

curry

Ok well since I dont have pics and stuff of my tank yet here are some pics of my "Local" sw tank. Its stuff I collect and keep when I go fishing... Killie fish (used as bait for fluke) Hermit Crabs, Sea Snails, A star fish and a Longhorn Sculpin? Still waiting for an ID on it.

Longhorn Sculpin ?

katsafados

Pretty cool tank.
It is a longhorn, or at least it looks like one.
Dont you think 5g is to little for all those things lol.?

curry

Originally Posted by Katsafados
http:///forum/post/3149559
Pretty cool tank.
It is a longhorn, or at least it looks like one.
Dont you think 5g is to little for all those things lol.?
The killie fish are going to be used as bait next week so they wont be in there much longer... lol

curry

Well I finally got a stand setup the other day that holds the 10 gallon on top and the 5 gallon on the bottom. I will post pics tonight when I get the light installed
I got:
- My heaters
- Thermometers
- the aquaclear filter modded with the refugium
- Lighting for the 5 gallon
- New test kit
- Reef Crystals from instant ocean 25 gallon salt mix
Still waiting on a refractometer
I did a test on the water of my 5 gallon and it turns out the previous test kit was bad I guess.
Ammonia was between 0 and .25
Nitrates 10
Nitrites 2.0
PH was 7.8

katsafados

Very nice! I think a blue background would look good for your tank especially if you keep the sand nice and white.
Are those green spotted puffers? I thought they were freshwater fish? Whats the 3rd fish?

curry

Thanks! Yea they are green spotted puffers. From what I have read they can be acclimated to saltwater. When they are young they start off in fresh/brackish and as they get older they go full salt.
The other fish is the killie fish I kept two of them. They are really great at stirring up the sandbed and cleaning up waste. I might keep one in the 5 gallon and one in the 10.

curry

Thats the 5 gallon by the way. The puffers are getting moved to the 10 gallon once its ready to go.

curry

Thats what I thought too... Turns out I ended up setting up a 10g and a 5 gallon. So for the 5g im gonna have a bunch of zoa's and low light corals. A few hermits and maybe a clown goby.
The filter I have on that tank is a penguin 100.
The filter I have on the 10G is the AquaClear 70 with refugium mod.
The 10G is gonna house the 2 puffers, blue leg hermits, snails and more low light corals, mostly zoas.

curry

Heres how it looks as of right now... I still need to do some cleaning and organizing...

Modded aquaclear70 I just need to order my clip on light and get some cheato...