Another anemone in the powerhead... still alive

manycolors

I walked into my room about 5 minutes ago and saw my GBTA stuck to the front of my mp20. I quickly pulled him off and set him on the rock. he is in tough shape. its like the middle of his body was chopped up all the way through to his mouth. he did attach to the rock but he looks like a doughnut (you can see all the way through the middle of him) There is also the spaghetti stiff hanging out... is there a chance for survival? or is it only a matter of time

rlablan

I am sorry for the trouble. This exact thing happened to my anem but he spilled his intestines and I think he died. He was really in rough and wasn't reacting to my touching him. I flushed him and it was sad. I can't really tell you what his chances are. Maybe put some vitamins/ supplements in the tank, like selcon or something. I don't think it could hurt?
Maybe an expert will chime in for ya. GOOD LUCK!!

manycolors

thanks for the reply, He is holding onto the rock and moves a little bit so I don't want to flush him yet, but I don't want to wake up in the morning to find him stuck to the powerhead again from floating around

rlablan

do what I did. I just made this for my anemone last night and it took 5 minutes and was basically free. This is a useful little trinket.
You need:
A tupper ware
A drill w/ a brill bit to go through the tupper ware
some super glue
and some marbles (I used the ones that are flat on one side)
Use the drill to make all kinds of ittle holes on all side of the tupper ware, including the top. put them pretty close together, about 1/2 inch apart. you want to make sure that whatever is in the trap, can get flow and food.
then around the edge of the lip of the tupper ware, place the marbles using plenty of super glue. then cure it in a bit of water, and place it in the tank over the anem and his rock!!
This what you ca turn the flow back on and it will shield him from the intake.

bang guy

If it was healthy before the accident then it will probably recover.
If it happens again, just unplug the powerhead and let the Anemone extract itself.

manycolors

Good news, the anemone seems like its pulling itself back together, I am not so sure how long until he is healthy again, i'd guess a while, I did a 5 gallon water change to get the water quality as high as i can during this critical period. Thanks rlablan fer the idea, i'll give it a try and keep you guys updated